Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Was it just me or was the Aqa German alevel exam REALLY hard this year?
    I simply could not do the translation excercise!!!

Do you agree? Or am I just crap at German?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashface)
    Hi everyone!

nope it was hard- me and this other girl (she is practicaly german, she's amazing at it) had to guess the last 2 words on the translation, we just didn't have a clue. and the reading questions were kinda nasty. but it wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be. hopefuly i've done ok (touch wood)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I know Ellie (Ellie4) found it hard.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I know Ellie (Ellie4) found it hard.
    elie did AS though, from what i heard that was evil compared to last year, a few people in my group resat it.

Hi everyone!

Well I haven't done AS's or A2's yet, nor have I done German...(actually, why am I replying to this?)

Oh yeah, it's to say that I did GCSE french at I found it really hard, languages are tough and well respected, it's normal for you to find them difficult. Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the AQA A Level German exam was solid! I couldn't do the translation into English to save my life! Glad it wasnt just me that found it hard! German is the subject im most worried about because i desperately need an A in it! I will have to wait til thursday to find out............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidH)
    I thought the AQA A Level German exam was solid! I couldn't do the translation into English to save my life! Glad it wasnt just me that found it hard! German is the subject im most worried about because i desperately need an A in it! I will have to wait til thursday to find out............
    i do but i think i flunked mr ora....my examiner was really scary ooking and put me off a bit...he started asking me about university offers in the middle of my oral....so there;s me sayng in very broken german how i'd like to go to cambridge....his response was a very raised eyebrow and "hmm sehr interessant ja" so encouraging....

ReputationRep:
    the AS was deffinatly too hard! especially the writing. i mean, i would struggle to right an essay on Nuclearpower in englsih, in german the vocab is just too specific, you cant use words youve learnt previously etc.
    Viel Gluck!
    ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i do but i think i flunked mr ora....my examiner was really scary ooking and put me off a bit...he started asking me about university offers in the middle of my oral....so there;s me sayng in very broken german how i'd like to go to cambridge....his response was a very raised eyebrow and "hmm sehr interessant ja" so encouraging....
    Lol! My oral examiner was really weird as well! I had this woman who hadnt got a clue what she was doing! She was asking me questions that had nothing to do with any of the A-Level German topics! Where on earth do they get these oral examiners from!?!?!?! Good luck-hope you get into cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Nah, it was really really hard! My German teacher was in a right mood afterwards, which isn't very encouraging. Definitely the hardest so far, and every single person in my class (OK, so there's only 5 of us, but still) had to guess the last two words and three are predicted As. Did anyone know what those words meant?

ReputationRep:
    heyhey
    wouldnt worry bout the translations, apparently a good mark is like 7 out of 20? is it 20? no idea how u lot remember the last 2 words or watever...who knows...

but yea a good mark on the translation compared 2 a good mark in french is like sooooo little... bizarre!

it'll all be fine ) good luck!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do AS AQA, I think I failed it!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i re sat the listenin readin one on a/s in june... it wus ridiculous... well i cant remember i thort some of it was easy easy but thats cus done like a year extra...but some of it was totally random. its weird tho, cus i always find the easy listenings and such reaaaaaaaally hard but then the longer listenings kinda ok... but who knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    Nah, it was really really hard! My German teacher was in a right mood afterwards, which isn't very encouraging. Definitely the hardest so far, and every single person in my class (OK, so there's only 5 of us, but still) had to guess the last two words and three are predicted As. Did anyone know what those words meant?
    i guessed one of them as revenge or persecution or somethig like that- it meant something similar, but can't remember what exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaaa)
    heyhey
    wouldnt worry bout the translations, apparently a good mark is like 7 out of 20? is it 20? no idea how u lot remember the last 2 words or watever...who knows...

but yea a good mark on the translation compared 2 a good mark in french is like sooooo little... bizarre!

it'll all be fine ) good luck!
    x
    7 out of 20? are you kidding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    7 out of 20? are you kidding?
    It's a good indicator of how fiendishly difficult the translations actually are, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod)
    It's a good indicator of how fiendishly difficult the translations actually are, IMO.
    bloody hell, i'm expecting to get at least 14 on them! and that's at a minimum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Anyone do AS AQA, I think I failed it!!!!!!
    ME!!! and yep i think ive failed too so your not alone
    Viel Gluck!

ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaïs)
    ME!!! and yep i think ive failed too so your not alone
    Viel Gluck!

ana xxx
    you'll be ok, the AS exam killed me last year yet i did ok on i. it is possibly the hardest exam i took, even though i love the subject

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.