The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Which Audi A1 in particular? What litre engine? Are you going to be the main driver? Do you want a black box?
Reply 2
Original post by slowdive
Which Audi A1 in particular? What litre engine? Are you going to be the main driver? Do you want a black box?

my bad, didn't fully specify.

Audi A1 Sportback 1.6 TDI S Line 116PS

I'll be the main driver, and because I live 200 or so miles away from my parents, I don't know the legal aspects whether or not I could put my parents on to the insurance? and no black box.
Reply 3
Original post by Joshale
Hi so I'm interested in an Audi A1 for my first car (age 20) does anyone know a rough estimate of how much the insurance could be?

Jesus christ, have you just remembered to start driving now? Anyway, it's great to see that you want an A1, but I suggest the R8. Its much faster in the corners. Plus that A1 will get cats, not the real deal.
20 and just remembered to drive lmao

Audi A1 first car - money > sense :rofl::rofl:
Original post by Vitzz33
Jesus christ, have you just remembered to start driving now? Anyway, it's great to see that you want an A1, but I suggest the R8. Its much faster in the corners. Plus that A1 will get cats, not the real deal.

Ferrari 458, Beautiful Italian Engineering

Great choice of Car
Reply 6
Original post by Steljoy
Ferrari 458, Beautiful Italian Engineering

Great choice of Car

That 7stang looks the business mate! What you pulling, 700? The rear lights look mesmerising!
Reply 7
Original post by Steljoy
20 and just remembered to drive lmao

Audi A1 first car - money > sense :rofl::rofl:

I didn't need a car until now, whilst being at uni until last year and working in the city meant it was pointless me having one :P

Also, we spend our money on what we enjoy in life, a decent looking car is something I'd rather spend my money on, so why not:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Joshale

I'll be the main driver, and because I live 200 or so miles away from my parents, I don't know the legal aspects whether or not I could put my parents on to the insurance? and no black box.

Do a few quotes, but with no NCB and the rest of the information provided, I'd hazard a guess it'd be ridiculously unaffordable given the engine size.
Original post by Joshale
I didn't need a car until now, whilst being at uni until last year and working in the city meant it was pointless me having one :P

Also, we spend our money on what we enjoy in life, a decent looking car is something I'd rather spend my money on, so why not:smile:

Fairs on the first bit

But you obvsly don't know your cars, Audi A1 pfff

Don't come to car guy's end with Audi A1
Original post by Steljoy
Fairs on the first bit

But you obvsly don't know your cars, Audi A1 pfff

Don't come to car guy's end with Audi A1

My G! This guy knows his cars.
Original post by Vitzz33
My G! This guy knows his cars.

Car guy love :love::jumphug:

Would have +rep you again if I could have :h:
Original post by Steljoy
Car guy love :love::jumphug:

Would have +rep you again if I could have :h:

My G, my G. That stang looks top mate. We should drag race sometime, we should take the horses for a spin.
Reply 13
Original post by IWMTom
Do a few quotes, but with no NCB and the rest of the information provided, I'd hazard a guess it'd be ridiculously unaffordable given the engine size.

Would it be realistic for it to be under 2k?
Reply 14
Original post by Joshale
Would it be realistic for it to be under 2k?

Insurance group 19, probably not. You could be surprised though, give it a quote.
Original post by Vitzz33
My G, my G. That stang looks top mate. We should drag race sometime, we should take the horses for a spin.

"Our Horses" :love: Sure, we should Drag Race!

Original post by Joshale

You can definitely put them both on, as long as non of them have had any driving claims.
You're probably looking at about £3000 without a black box. A 1.2 with a black box could set you back only £1600ish insurance.
Original post by Joshale
Hi so I'm interested in an Audi A1 for my first car

:K:
Get a Polo, same car underneath and still has a pretty good badge
Reply 19
Original post by slowdive
You can definitely put them both on, as long as non of them have had any driving claims.

Depends on the severity of the claims

Latest