Should I move to White City (London)? Is it a rough neighbourhood?

Watch this thread
thpeu
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I have booked accommodation at Wood Lane in White City, London, but I've just read a blog post by someone who recommends staying clear of White City as apparently it's a rough neighbourhood.

I'm not from the UK, so I have no idea if this true or not. Anyone have any experience with the area? Should I look for another place to stay?
N00RA
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thpeu)
Hi there,

I have booked accommodation at Wood Lane in White City, London, but I've just read a blog post by someone who recommends staying clear of White City as apparently it's a rough neighbourhood.

I'm not from the UK, so I have no idea if this true or not. Anyone have any experience with the area? Should I look for another place to stay?
Hi thpeu,

I saw your post while searching about white city in London,
I want to stay there because i got my admission to study in the same area. Im an international student and wondering if the stay is safe to stay or I should consider to live somewhere else! Can you please advise.

Noora
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have a few friends who live or have partners living in the White City area.
My friends are happy there and I've never had any problems when I've visited them.

During the day there are regular police patrols of local streets.
But there is an issue with knife crime, drugs and gang violence, with regular incidents during the afternoons and evenings.
This applies to much of London, particularly after dark and in the early hours.

When I'm in the area I dress very casually- jeans, hoodie and sports shoes that don't attract attention. No handbag or jewellery on display.
If you are disabled or have very valuable property like jewellery or an expensive car, I'd say you would be better off away from White City.

(Original post by thpeu)
Hi there,

miamorgan7
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thpeu)
Hi there,

Before going anywhere, I always look at reviews of a place. See what other people think honestly. Your friends opinion may just be theirs. Every place in Britain has a rough area, but there is always a tidy area also. Maybe you have to experience it yourself and find out if it is rough or dodgy for you. I feel like it can only be a rough experience for you if you get on the wrong side of people. Like I said firstly, check reviews?
LL2018
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
White city as in W12 White city? There's loads of gang violence (mainly stabbings) around that area
Undec
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi I go to a school on the outskirts of white city.
It is not the safest area. But throughout the day It is alright, make sure at night to stay vigilant. (me being OTT)
There is a problem with knife crime and gangs around the area.
It is a mix between council blocks and nice houses so its not too bad of a place to stay.
But you have good places around the area such as Kensington, Notting Hill, Hammersmith and central london parts so there are benefits.
I live in london and am very happy that I do not live in White City.
But you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads