The Student Room Group

How to know if you're percieved as attractive to others?

As a guy, i know i'm not ugly, and it's frustrating to tell if girls think i'm attractive since they rarely approach but I do get looks when i'm in the library or in shops etc, but i'm unable to read eye contact well. I know its easier for girls to know if they're attractive as it's pretty obvious but for guys, what are good signs? I know the obvious answer is to simply approach but i'm not desperate and its not that im insecure, its merely a matter of self analysis

What are signs? Do girls smile when making eye contact? If they dont smile, but simply look, could this be a sign theyre uninterested?

How do they act when you speak to them? Are they shy and nervous, normal or what?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by New Sign
As a guy, i know i'm not ugly, and it's frustrating to tell if girls think i'm attractive since they rarely approach but I do get looks when i'm in the library or in shops etc, but i'm unable to read eye contact well. I know its easier for girls to know if they're attractive as it's pretty obvious but for guys, what are good signs? I know the obvious answer is to simply approach but i'm not desperate and its not that im insecure, its merely a matter of self analysis

What are signs? Do girls smile when making eye contact? If they dont smile, but simply look, could this be a sign theyre uninterested?

How do they act when you speak to them? Are they shy and nervous, normal or what?

You don't unless they tell you.

Looking for signs? It's better to just approach them and build up a rapport.

Look at this.
[video="youtube;xa-4IAR_9Yw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa-4IAR_9Yw[/video]
You get compliments
You get attention
They are more flirty with you
They are more warm towards you
You catch them checking you out
You have had the oppurtunity of having quite a few sexual partners

Basically everything I don't get is how you can tell. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Obvious indicators:

- They will be generally more engaged with you than with other guys - finding excuses to meet with you, to talk to you. Confusing when they play hard to get - but they usually won't ignore you for days on end or think of reasons why they cannot see you
- They will laugh around you MORE than they do with other guys
- They will find excuses to touch you
- Their body position will be open and faced towards you when talking
I am ****ing beautiful, I don't need to be told.

I never smile at men or give them eye contact or any signs I like them because I'm too embarrassed to and too shy to do that but men always approach me any way so if they didn't have the balls to then I would never get asked out so don't wait around looking for signs, just have the balls to approach and ask out on a date any girl you fancy.
Sometimes girls give mixed signals like smiling at you, hugging, being over friendly and touchy and men think that means they fancy them but sometimes it's just because they are very friendly or like flirting but they just want to be friends.
The only way you'll know if anyone is attracted to you is to ask them on a date.
If you ask a girl if you're attractive they'll just say yes even if they don't think that because they don't want to hurt your feelings so no point asking that question

A couple of years ago a man working in a shop said do you think I'm good looking?
I lied and said yes because what else can i say ? I didn't want to hurt his feelings then he said he thinks he is and that he recently split up with his girlfriend. I'm surprised he had one to begin with. I would never date him even if I was desperate but we all have different tastes

And don't wait around expecting girls to approach you either just because you're attractive because I never would. Some girls come across as very confident but their not really. Some are too shy to approach men and scared of rejection so as a man you should always make the first move
If you like the look of someone just go up to them and start a conversation or just get right to the point and ask them out on a date and actually say it's a date and not do you want to go for coffee because I've seen on reality TV show one man asked his colleague if she wants to go for coffee and she said yes thinking it was just coffee, she had no idea it was a date then it became awkward when the man ordered a bottle of wine then the penny finally dropped but she did not fancy him so he ended up feeling stupid for not making it clear that he was asking her on a proper date.
Plus when men ask me to go for a coffee I go off them a bit because that's boring
Reply 6
If you are a hot guy. Girls in bars will basically look at you and maybe smile. They won't approach you 99 percent of the time. You will have to do that. That's just how it is.

Girls expect to be approached so its all on you when out in bars and clubs. So be confident and go for that. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Idk im just able to tell , 11 glances in 52.4 seconds means im in.
How about you stop being so insecure and sensitive. If you are attractive, great for you. If not, what are you going to do about it? Maybe you should live your life not being afraid of whether or not someone finds you pretty.
If a girl likes you she might not smile. I remember I was in a club making heavy eye contact with this guy not giving anything away, not smiling and he came over. It can be that simple esp if your tipsy and dtf lmao!!

When you say you get 'looks' when in the library and in shops this means absolutely nothing, of course when you're around people it's just human nature to look. If anything, maybe people starring is a bad thing.

So yeah, the best thing to do would defiantly be to approach!
Reply 12
If you're asking the question you're not in the top quartile. You have to do most of the work and see what happens.
Original post by Anonymous
When you say you get 'looks' when in the library and in shops this means absolutely nothing, of course when you're around people it's just human nature to look. If anything, maybe people starring is a bad thing.

So yeah, the best thing to do would defiantly be to approach!

Why is eye contact a bad thing lol?

I think sometimes when you're in shops or on the train, or anywhere public, you'll get the occasional person staring at you for ages until you make eye contact with them, and then they'd stare again until you looked back at them. Some do smile but it's a bit weird if you don't know them so I just act like I never saw them lol. However girls hardly ever say anything directly to you they'd rather whisper it into the ears of their friends or just keep it to themselves, that's just the way they are lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DemBoiPaigon
I think sometimes when you're in shops or on the train, or anywhere public, you'll get the occasional person staring at you for ages until you make eye contact with them, and then they'd stare again until you looked back at them. Some do smile but it's a bit weird if you don't know them so I just act like I never saw them lol. However girls hardly ever say anything directly to you they'd rather whisper it into the ears of their friends or just keep it to themselves, that's just the way they are lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what about if you're terribly bad looking, won't you get stares by girls or do girls only want to make eye contact with attractive guys? How can you differentiate?
But what about if you're terribly bad looking, won't you get stares by girls or do girls only want to make eye contact with attractive guys? How can you differentiate?

I'm not sure, sometimes it doesn't have to mean they find you attractive, maybe it's just cause you stand out amongst other people. Sometimes they may stare at the way you dress too and aren't staring actually at you, I've noticed that many times when walking past people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is eye contact a bad thing lol?

Not necessarily bad, but it could be for numerous reasons... like everyone gets random eye contact when walking through library at uni etc

I just meant it doesn't really indicate anything...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending