The Student Room Group

Another question about a guy

First of all I hope I will get respectful answers because I am genuinely seeking your opinion and, tbh, I try to be respect w/ I reply.

Anyway, if you went out with a guy (and you're a girl) a handful of times only very casually but then you ended it because you felt a little overwhelmed at the pace he was wanting to go (social anxiety and all that....) how would you feel if he, out of the blue, contacted you a couple years later asking how you are and if the two of you could meet up. Would you think the guy was a playa and just putting out 'bait' to several girls seeing who would 'bite' or do you think that he had a genuine interest and was reaching out again? There had been no contact at all in the mean time, like I said, for a couple of years. My friend is asking me and I don't know what to tell her. :-(.

My friend does have social anxiety but she kinda liked this guy but got all in her own head and ended things. I would like to encourage her to see him but don't want to mislead her into a bad situation where he's playing her.

What would you say?
Original post by Anonymous
First of all I hope I will get respectful answers because I am genuinely seeking your opinion and, tbh, I try to be respect w/ I reply.

Anyway, if you went out with a guy (and you're a girl) a handful of times only very casually but then you ended it because you felt a little overwhelmed at the pace he was wanting to go (social anxiety and all that....) how would you feel if he, out of the blue, contacted you a couple years later asking how you are and if the two of you could meet up. Would you think the guy was a playa and just putting out 'bait' to several girls seeing who would 'bite' or do you think that he had a genuine interest and was reaching out again? There had been no contact at all in the mean time, like I said, for a couple of years. My friend is asking me and I don't know what to tell her. :-(.

My friend does have social anxiety but she kinda liked this guy but got all in her own head and ended things. I would like to encourage her to see him but don't want to mislead her into a bad situation where he's playing her.

What would you say?

To be honest, my immediate conclusion would be that even though we have not spoken for years, for whatever reason they have built up feelings for me and wants me back, and then I'd fear that the same thing would happen again. I'd think that they've had a rough few years where they didn't really meet anyone or feel anything for and I'd be wondering if I was really that special enough or whether the person was still struggling.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for a response I genuinely appreciate it!

Anxiety is still a factor and I don't know if my friend can put that behind her, if I'm being honest.

I'd really like to encourage her but I don't want her to get hurt or embarrassed if he has a different agenda than he was still kinda thinking about her after all this time. To me that sounds like something someone kinda of sweet would do but I seriously don't know and like I said I don't want to mislead her.

It is a risk for her that he is just bored and playing her and it is a risk for him that she can deal w/ her dating anxiety.... sounds like an normal potential relationship..... full of risk but also potentially rewarding.

I do hope some other people with offer their opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest