The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0)

Hi there,

So... I've got an interview for the foundation course (Veterinary) at the end of the month and was just wondering if anyone had an insight into the process? I can't seem to find a recent thread about it, I could be wrong though 🤓Obviously I'm not expecting possible interview questions but any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated! 😬

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, how did ur interview go? I can't find any threads about the process
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by GigiSel
hey, how did ur interview go? I can't find any threads about the process

I had my interview last week with Liverpool, the interview process isn't bad, its an MMI format, so basically, different stations, different topics, 5 mins at each station. some do have an interviewer on them, some don't and you are given a task to do. If you research into the Liverpool veterinary MMI format, there is a link which gives you topics the stations cover e.g. stress, veterinary profession, case study, ethics etc. The questions aren't always cliche so I would recommend just to be ready for every possibility!

I didn't think I did the best I could have but they got back to me 6 days later to offer me a unconditional place! Good luck!
Congratulations! Have you applied for any other places too? or have you accepted this one?
Original post by SMcDonald501
Congratulations! Have you applied for any other places too? or have you accepted this one?

Thank you! I didn't actually apply for anywhere else, and I didn't even think I would be suitable for the course! I saw on another thread you are starting this year too aren't you? See you there haha!
I have e-mailed the uni to accept, going to accept on ucas this weekend when everything is finalised with finance, otherwise it would be my luck that every thing goes wrong haha!
Reply 5
Hi guys! How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 17 so I'll be applying this year, getting abit worried seeing people with places already 🙈
don't panic! I'm 31. I suspect there are different groups of interviews and they will send an initial set of offers to fill some of the places. some people won't take the place as they'll have other preferences, and so they'll send another set of offers until they have all spaces filled. It's early yet so relax!
Original post by gcnfx
Hi guys! How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 17 so I'll be applying this year, getting abit worried seeing people with places already 🙈

Hey, I'm 22, we have applied for the year 0 which is the foundation year, will you be applying for 1st year?
I was interviewed with 1st year applicants so the interviews are the same, just be yourself! Be confident! Research and just get a keen knowledge of all areas of the profession :smile:
Reply 8
Hey guys, sorry I have only just seen this post! I am currently finishing the Year 0 course for veterinary science! Hope interviews went well for you who have applied!
If any of you want to ask me any questions about the course etc, just send me a message!
Hey, how did you find it? Are you on to exams now, or finished for the year? What's the daily timetable like? Topics and lesson format? Basically I think we're all pretty much in the dark so any details on your experience would be super helpful. And any tips on preparation/what to get or do before we start would be great. I like to plan but still heard nothing, so can't DO anything yet and it's driving me nuts! Thanks!
Hahaha! No problem, we were the same last year! We have final exams to go and then we are done, around 3 weeks to go.
So daily timetable is busier for semester one than two, in everyday apart from Wednesdays. Usual times are 9-2/3 but some days are shorter (it changed quite a bit for us). Semester 2- veterinary students no longer have Wednesday off, we go on placements. You usually get a rota and are sent to dairy farm, general farm and a vets.
Subjects are categorised into credits, which they will break down for you but basically biology and chemistry (everyone does together), then vets specifically do maths and we have a separate part for professional studies as well. The teachers are great, give you lots of booklets etc for what you need. For prep, I would just have a look at the prereading they give you usually start of summer, that will give you hints as to the subjects!
It has been a good course, don't worry prior to starting! The teachers are lovely and really approachable, if you need help with anything they will make time for you.
We will probably meet you in September when you start, so we can obvs give you more help/advice in person, but if you want anymore info, please let me know!! Hope this helps :smile:
Hi I was just wondering what proportion of the teaching is lectures/ group work/ problem based learning? I can't find this info anywhere!
Original post by Jhasan_17
Hi I was just wondering what proportion of the teaching is lectures/ group work/ problem based learning? I can't find this info anywhere!

Mostly lectures, a little group work. It is really good because you basically get spoon fed what you need to know for your exams, not like at uni where you just have a lecture and have to make your own notes. They provide booklets for each topic etc!
Original post by cathfid7
Hey guys, sorry I have only just seen this post! I am currently finishing the Year 0 course for veterinary science! Hope interviews went well for you who have applied!
If any of you want to ask me any questions about the course etc, just send me a message!

Hi, i am applying for year 0 now and waiting for an answer. I was wondering if you live on the campus in the student halls and if it is not too much to travel everyday to Carmel College? Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey! I commute from home but a few live in halls/in the city centre. A group of people car share and other than that you can get a train from lime street to Carmel (there is a short walk from the station to the college though) Whatever you do, don't get the bus hahaha, its a nightmare! And good luck with your application!
Hi! I was wondering how old people are in general in the class? i am 19 . Would i be the youngest if ever i get chosen?
Original post by Bernie antonie
Hi! I was wondering how old people are in general in the class? i am 19 . Would i be the youngest if ever i get chosen?

The youngest in our class is 22 I think so you probably would be :smile:
Original post by Bernie antonie
Hi, i am applying for year 0 now and waiting for an answer. I was wondering if you live on the campus in the student halls and if it is not too much to travel everyday to Carmel College? Thanks

Hi, Are you applying for medicine or vet or other allied courses?
Original post by Jaaydaniiels
Hi, Are you applying for medicine or vet or other allied courses?

Hi; i was applying for vet med but just been rejected....
Was it due to your age?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending