Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be good if there was a program in which you could enter your UMS marks for each module and it would give you a predicted grade?

Sigh. yes, I am being completely taken over by the anticipation of results day.
    But can you blame me?

ReputationRep:
    such a program although brilliant in theory, would be useless in reality, because people's UMS marks change dramatically depending what module they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know you're right, Priya. But it's one of these feverish attempts at knowing my results before Thursday. It's a stupid obssession but I can't stop it taking over.

Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    me too! in a way though i don't wanna know at all...i'd rather remain blissfully ignorant forever...

ReputationRep:
    When i'm trying to sleep at night i'm like constantly doing calculations in my head to work out what marks i reckon i got! It's doing my head in and is totally sad, especially as they are only AS results, but i can't stop it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    When i'm trying to sleep at night i'm like constantly doing calculations in my head to work out what marks i reckon i got! It's doing my head in and is totally sad, especially as they are only AS results, but i can't stop it!
    I do that as well, even down to the number of raw marks i would have needed to have gained, but mine is for A2 but still!

ReputationRep:
    I get seriously obssessive over results, don't worry, it isn't just you doing calculations all the time.
    For AS, I had pages of calculations based on how I THOUGHT I'd done, wht I thought i DESERVED, the grade I EXPECTED etc etc AND ever since GCSE I have made little calendars of results day countdowns! For AS this was a countdown of every hour...

My god... That was obssessive. At least this years calendar is just measured in days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I do that as well, even down to the number of raw marks i would have needed to have gained, but mine is for A2 but still!
    Same I don't even really want to. Lol i have no control over my brain anymore. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashface)
    I get seriously obssessive over results, don't worry, it isn't just you doing calculations all the time.
    For AS, I had pages of calculations based on how I THOUGHT I'd done, wht I thought i DESERVED, the grade I EXPECTED etc etc AND ever since GCSE I have made little calendars of results day countdowns! For AS this was a countdown of every hour...

My god... That was obssessive. At least this years calendar is just measured in days.
    I thought i was alone! So glad i'm not! But i don't have a countdown of every hour

ReputationRep:
    I remember feeling like this in January too its not fair, every half year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Same I don't even really want to. Lol i have no control over my brain anymore. Heh.
    Oh, i enjoy it, it gives me something to do, and i like doing random calculations of things, i spend ages calculating to the penny how much money i am gonna have left and spend, then go out and do somthing totally different

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think it's a good sign to be so obssessive because it shows how much the results mean to you. which indicates that you will have tried pretty hard in the exams.

We should embrace our insanity!!!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why there is no site that you can insert your candidate number and the have your marks,like for example on wednesday night,it would be alot more relaxing,we have this kind of sites for year 12 in my country,they results are online at the night before the results are officially in schools and students put their candidate number and have the result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashface)
    To be honest, I think it's a good sign to be so obssessive because it shows how much the results mean to you. which indicates that you will have tried pretty hard in the exams.

We should embrace our insanity!!!
    They mean far too much to me, i shall go in manic depression if i dont get to durham :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have to admit, it's kind of fun. The anticipation of such an important event is always exciting no matter how scary it may be. Doing calculations etc is just a way to try and bring it forward... and it is definitely fun doing pointless things like crossing off hours. It all builds up the anticipation.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, don't worry Cobra! *hugs*
    Even if you don't get in, I always think there must be a reason why. When I think back to things that seemed like dissappointments at the time and look where they led me I suddenly realise that they had many positive consequences.
    But saying that, there is every possibility that you will get in! So try and sit tight until Thursday. it'll be ok.

ReputationRep:
    how much money wud u realistically pay to see ur results now if i said i had them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    how much money wud u realistically pay to see ur results now if i said i had them
    However much i had, at this moment, bout £24.36!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    nothing, i'd rather wait and spend the money on going out on thursday to commisserate/celebrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    nothing, i'd rather wait and spend the money on going out on thursday to commisserate/celebrate
    I've put aside special money for that!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.