Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Predicting your results watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathsheba)
    and why does it take them 6 weeks to mark the a-levels? in japan they get their results within 10 days of their last exam. god knows they don't spend 6 weeks making sure the results are accurate. bloody lazy examiners
    I had my last exam about 9 weeks ago. It's annoying isn't it? Why has results day been put back a week this year (last yr it was the 14th)?

(Original post by SiAnY)
    I had my last exam about 9 weeks ago. It's annoying isn't it? Why has results day been put back a week this year (last yr it was the 14th)?

It's always the 3rd Thursday in August, I think, so the exact date differs from year to year - it's not that it was put back this year i dont think. Last year it was actually the 2nd Thursday, but I think thta might have been because the month started on a Friday... if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    It's always the 3rd Thursday in August, I think, so the exact date differs from year to year - it's not that it was put back this year i dont think. Last year it was actually the 2nd Thursday, but I think thta might have been because the month started on a Friday... if that makes sense
    its always the 2nd thursday for AS/A2, and the 3rd thursday for GCSE. it HAs been put back this year, don't know why. maybe because the 12 would have been too early to get the results to us- it has to be mid august usually- the 14th was probably their limit

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone else here sit with a calculator and work out their likely percentages with a calculator from time to time...

Eg, that module in chem was worth 30% and I got 84% on it, so that means... blah...

I calculated what UMS I needed on average for every subject to get what grades and made a sheet...

Am I mentally ill?

ReputationRep:
    my friend wrote a program in excel to calculate the best combination for further maths (ie predicting what ums% you'd need in each module)

That was quite useful.

(Original post by RobbieC)
    Hey guys, does anyone else here sit with a calculator and work out their likely percentages with a calculator from time to time...

Eg, that module in chem was worth 30% and I got 84% on it, so that means... blah...

I calculated what UMS I needed on average for every subject to get what grades and made a sheet...

Am I mentally ill?
    i did that, i found it quite helpful in deciding which subkects to prioritise when i was revising etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i did that, i found it quite helpful in deciding which subkects to prioritise when i was revising etc.
    me too, it really put things into perspective, i realised exactly what sort of situation i'm in at the moment, that it's basically not as dire as i thought it would be.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.