Which University to choose? MSc in Marketing

Watch
Anasach
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am planning to do my MSc degree in marketing. I applied to several universities and business schools in The UK. Fortunately, I have been able to receive offers from 7 universities. Now, I have to make a decision and choose the best MSc program from The following list:

Imperial College Business School: Strategic Marketing
Warwick Business School: Marketing & Strategy
Cranfield School of Management: Strategic Marketing
Alliance Manchester Business School: Marketing
University of Edinburgh: Marketing and Business Analysis
University of Leeds: Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy
King's college London: International Marketing

I would be really grateful if you can help me out with this issue.
Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in Advance
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Some look similar and some look different. You need to sit down and work out which course is the most interesting and what else you're interested in as a student for example, work experience, research opportunities, finance, assessments etc.
Anasach
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
Some look similar and some look different. You need to sit down and work out which course is the most interesting and what else you're interested in as a student for example, work experience, research opportunities, finance, assessments etc.
Thank you for your response
I had a look at all the programs. I think that the most interesting ones are Cranfield and Imperial's MSc, as they give students the chance to work on real life consulting and Marketing plan projects. On The other side, Warwick has a strong and well established program for Marketing and Strategy.
Regarding the rankings, I believe that Imperial and Warwick are doing very well, followed by Cranfield and Manchester. Rankings are important for me as I am not a UK or EU citizen. Doing a Master's degree in a university with a strong international reputation and good ranking is a must for me(in case I did not succeed in securing a job opportunity in the UK).
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It looks like you've already put a lot of thought into this from lots of different perspectives. Imperial sounds like your winner followed by Warwick and Cranfield. Good luck!
Anasach
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
It looks like you've already put a lot of thought into this from lots of different perspectives. Imperial sounds like your winner followed by Warwick and Cranfield. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your help.
Exactly, I placed Imperial as my best choice. However, I believe that receiving feedback that are based on others' experiences will be really helpful before making a final decision.

Thank you again
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you have specific interest such as data analytics (Warwick) or social marketing?
If you are international student, check if there is a local alumni chapter of either parent uni or even MSc Marketing alumni in your country. Reach out to them about their experience and job leads.
Anasach
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tcannon)
Do you have specific interest such as data analytics (Warwick) or social marketing?
If you are international student, check if there is a local alumni chapter of either parent uni or even MSc Marketing alumni in your country. Reach out to them about their experience and job leads.
Thank you for your response.
I am interested in Marketing consulting as well as e-marketing.
Unfortunately, there is no alumni chapter or committee in my country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (175)
14.57%
I'm not sure (56)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (350)
29.14%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (585)
48.71%

Watched Threads