Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm doing AS and A2 Further Maths this year and I've got 2 clashes:

M2 - 16th June at 1:30
D1 - 16th June at 1:30

S2 - 26th June at 1:30
FP3 - 26th June at 1:30

All exams are 1hr 30 mins long, so what can I do? S2 and FP3 are both A2 modules so i don't know how Edexcel managed to clash them like that, I mean its understandable when you clash 2 different subjects but 2 from the same subject and same level? Now that's just unacceptable. Is there anything me and the rest of my class can do about this (We're only 3 people)?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by murshed2010)
So I'm doing AS and A2 Further Maths this year and I've got 2 clashes:

M2 - 16th June at 1:30
D1 - 16th June at 1:30

S2 - 26th June at 1:30
FP3 - 26th June at 1:30

All exams are 1hr 30 mins long, so what can I do? S2 and FP3 are both A2 modules so i don't know how Edexcel managed to clash them like that, I mean its understandable when you clash 2 different subjects but 2 from the same subject and same level? Now that's just unacceptable. Is there anything me and the rest of my class can do about this (We're only 3 people)?

You have my sympathy.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. The process will be that you sit the first exam, get offered a break to go to the toilet or drink water etc, then sit the next one.

My clashes were S4 and D1, and FP2 and M1. For what it's worth, I got 90+ in all units apart from FP2 but that was due to lack of understanding of the module rather than it being too taxing because of a double sitting. It seems scary but it's actually not!

They both seem like stupid clashes too, I imagine a lot of normal Further Maths students will get caught out by them.
Quantumkoala64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy,
Im dealing with the same clash and I let my exam officer know and when i got my time table today D1 has been moved to straight after M2 so I start D1 at 3:05pm and that'll probably happen for you
Toasticide
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im clashing too....

ok it could be worse for me as its not 2 further maths units. for me its D2 and C4, THE 2 hardest maths exams im gonna be sitting cause i have to teach myself D2, and C4 is just C4

still though, at least they give a short break between the two because 3 hours of straight maths.... hell no! i love maths but im not doing that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads