The Student Room Group

Employability after studying health & wellbeing?

So, long story short, I've been offered an unconditional offer to study BSc Health & Wellbeing after having actually applied for midwifery. I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept because of lack of other offers and, to be fair, I think the course will suit me better. Now, I'm just curious as to what kind of jobs it can lend itself to ... I've seen suggestions on uni websites but there's very few specific examples.
Original post by sunnyfs
So, long story short, I've been offered an unconditional offer to study BSc Health & Wellbeing after having actually applied for midwifery. I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept because of lack of other offers and, to be fair, I think the course will suit me better. Now, I'm just curious as to what kind of jobs it can lend itself to ... I've seen suggestions on uni websites but there's very few specific examples.

To be honest.... not much.
Universities offer out degrees such as health and wellbeing to unsuccessful applicants merely as a way of filling the course and getting the fees.
You can't work in a role that requires a professional registration. And more often that not you'll need further courses to undertake any clinical type skills or giving out medications etc.
Personally I'd think it a waste of time as I'm really not sure what career it would lead to.
Do some further research of you can to see what may be open to you but I don't think there's much....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunnyfs

Contact their department or careers and see what feedback they have on what people have done with the degree. accepting because you dont have other offers is a poor choice.If it were me and I wanted midwifery and I was year 134, then id get my A levels first., then resit or reapply as needed. Health and well being sounds too generalist.

Quick Reply

Latest