The Student Room Group

Science revision help

Hi I am doing separate sciences for the 9-1 edexcel curriculum and I have bought the cgp revision guides the rest of my class have bought the edexcel ones.Are the cgp ones good enough to get a 8/9
Cgp revision guides are the best!They cover everything i have tried so many revision guides and cgp was the best
Reply 2
CGP is a really good resource, and they do cover all topics. However, they are more of a summary and overview, so if you are wanting to hit those higher 8/9 grades they aren't really exhaustive enough.

I don't personally know about the edexcel ones but definitely compare your CGP guides with them, and if they go into more detail then they may be worth investing in.

Other advice would be use myGCSEScience for any specific topics you are struggling with, and other YouTube videos have proven really helpful for me in the past! And of course there is BBC Bitesize, but I'm sure you've heard of that before. Ultimately for GCSE Science you can't beat using past papers for revision. they are the best resource you have avaliable (even ones not using the 9-1 grading system!)

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest