The Student Room Group

doing a level physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Misaki24
Okay thank you, why would you say AQA is harder?

When I was in a lecture for physics I remember there being a discussion where they said that AQA had on average the lowest grade boundaries because the content's harder. Out of the A2 optional modules astrophysics is on average the highest marking in it hence why our college only taught that.
Okay thank you, why would you say AQA is harder?

I'll mention the subjects your intrested in atm. At sixth form i went from edexcel to aqa in maths and ocr to aqa for physics. Personally, i feel aqa is easier because it's less hard knowledge stuff we had to know for gcse. Also, at a level is now about application. I do ocr bio; trust meeeee. Ocr bio is full on application for most things 😩🙈🙈🙈 (despise it) so i prefer aqa so much more 🏆
Yupp thats what everyone including teachers say
and i am going to take bio chem phys and maths
how is chemistry and bio coming along?

Biology is laughably easy compared to the other two, for me atleast, with very limited revision I'm currently an A grade
Chemistry, is horrible, it just doesn't click with me. It was my best science at GCSE, I got an A*, but even with hours of revision, I can seem to get past a B grade
Tho obvisouly, everyone's different.
Biology is mostly mesmerising long hard words
Chemistry is understanding every concept they teach you, and how to apply that knowledge to abstract questions.
Wish I'd taken maths over chemistry!
I do AQA and can confirm jump is 10000000X harder.

I got full ums in physics GCSE and that is nothing compated to as physics.

Physics at AS is nothing like AS.

Also there are no papers just 2 specimens.
Forgot to mention too that resources for questions are very limited i find.
Reply 25
Original post by NoTimeForGrime
Forgot to mention too that resources for questions are very limited i find.

Oh wow okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest