The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni

Hoping to start in October, can anyone give any info on cheap places to eat, locals bars and clubs? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by cmartin98
Hoping to start in October, can anyone give any info on cheap places to eat, locals bars and clubs? Thanks in advance :smile:

Same!
Have you got your offer & For what course?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bit late to reply, but here's a few of the places I'd consider great to eat:

Water Witch (fairly standard pub/restaurant food, great location next to the canal)
Toll House Inn (bit more expensive but excellent food)
Fortune Star (Chinese restaurant with a great hostess)
Full House Noodle Bar (also a Chinese restaurant, but with lower prices and the service is not as good. The food is pretty tasty, though)
1725 (can be very cheap if you go on the right night with a Purple card!)
The Borough (on weeknights they do a "school dinners" menu until about 6:30 which is very reasonably priced, especially with a Purple card)

To drink:

The Bobbin
Yorkshire House
Golden Lion
Penny Bank (definitely a locals place, but VERY cheap beer and I've never had any problems in there as a student)

Clubs:

Sugarhouse
Hustle
Dalton Rooms

Oh and there's always Spoons for cheap drinks and food that's surprisingly good.
There's also the Pendle Witch which does very average food for a similar price to Spoons.

Original post by Manitude

Water Witch (fairly standard pub/restaurant food, great location next to the canal)
Full House Noodle Bar (also a Chinese restaurant, but with lower prices and the service is not as good. The food is pretty tasty, though)
The Borough (on weeknights they do a "school dinners" menu until about 6:30 which is very reasonably priced, especially with a Purple card)

To drink:

The Bobbin
Yorkshire House
Golden Lion
Penny Bank (definitely a locals place, but VERY cheap beer and I've never had any problems in there as a student)

Clubs:

Sugarhouse
Hustle
Dalton Rooms

Oh and there's always Spoons for cheap drinks and food that's surprisingly good.
There's also the Pendle Witch which does very average food for a similar price to Spoons.

Wow the only places on here I've been are the clubs and Spoons! And I;ve been here almost a year now haha.

If you're gonna live on campus and are as lazy as me and my friends are the one campus bars and food places are great! Grizedale is the go to for cocktails, Fylde is good for sports games and food, and I've heard Bowland pies are good, but never been. GoBurritto is also great, as are most places on campus if I'm honest.

Sugarhouse, the student nightclub, is probably the best club, Dalton's best on Mondays and Hustle is good for a laugh/cheesy music but also of older guys in there so I don't like going unless we have a big group.

A lot of food places in town offer student discounts with the purple card (get one, its worth it!) but only place I've been is Bella Italia, but that is good! Will have to try the other places on this list though haha.
Reply 4
Original post by TK_23
Same!
Have you got your offer & For what course?

Hey! Yeah it's a conditional offer for criminology, what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Manitude

To drink:

The Bobbin
Yorkshire House
Golden Lion

Clubs:

Sugarhouse
Hustle
Dalton Rooms

This is great, thank you so much!
Reply 6
Original post by liviward36
Wow the only places on here I've been are the clubs and Spoons! And I;ve been here almost a year now haha.

If you're gonna live on campus and are as lazy as me and my friends are the one campus bars and food places are great! Grizedale is the go to for cocktails, Fylde is good for sports games and food, and I've heard Bowland pies are good, but never been. GoBurritto is also great, as are most places on campus if I'm honest.

Sugarhouse, the student nightclub, is probably the best club, Dalton's best on Mondays and Hustle is good for a laugh/cheesy music but also of older guys in there so I don't like going unless we have a big group.

A lot of food places in town offer student discounts with the purple card (get one, its worth it!) but only place I've been is Bella Italia, but that is good! Will have to try the other places on this list though haha.

Thank you this is so helpful! Is a purple card like an NUS card?
Yeah, its like the local one so it works in town and on campus where you can't use your NUS card. You can buy ur NUS at the same time as buying your purple card and they t delivered together
Reply 8
Hey! Yeah it's a conditional offer for criminology, what about you?

Unconditional for Psychology! :smile:
Hey if you are a new post graduate in Lancaster uni in 2017, why don't you join our whatsapp group to meet other post grads 🔥🔥

https://chat.whatsapp.com/89jUdy3TF4i3UuWFZfoAhY

🚶*♀️🚶You are new in Lancaster but you are not alone !! 💥💥

🔥🔥We will have a big meet-up hangout in the fresher week! 🍻🍻

💯💯Join us ♥️♥️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending