chlxeh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im doing latin as my language and I have to choose three out of: art (AQA), computer science (AS level) (OCR) , design and technology (OCR), drama (AQA) french (AQA), geography (Edexcel), german (AQA), history (AQA), music (OCR) and PE (AQA). I'm thinking of DT PE and Geography. Anyone got any opinions on any of these subjects if you've done them for gcse? Thanks!
Tom3198
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did history and found some parts interesting but if you are aiming for the higher grades youcan spend a lot of time writing.

I know a lot of peoeple who did Geography and found it quite good but also found it quite hard

DT sounds pretty good.

I don't think it matters too much what you choose as there are ways to change waht you do. If you already know what you want to do as a career I'd say choose the ones that relate to it but if not then choose things you enjoy
Churchvibes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing PE right now.

There is quite a lot to remember theory-wise but if you are good at sports then you will get a high percentage.

I think the percentages will switch around for you, so 40% practical and 60% theory?

But anyways, if you are good at remembering and applying a lot of knowledge, then PE would be a good choice.
leftblankm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by chlxeh)
Im doing latin as my language and I have to choose three out of: art (AQA), computer science (AS level) (OCR) , design and technology (OCR), drama (AQA) french (AQA), geography (Edexcel), german (AQA), history (AQA), music (OCR) and PE (AQA). I'm thinking of DT PE and Geography. Anyone got any opinions on any of these subjects if you've done them for gcse? Thanks!
geography has so much content, not even including case studies. also most questions are 4-6 marks and theres 9 mark questions sooo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise