Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BTW, I'm new. Hello everyone.

Okay here goes....I've always wanted to be a Fashion designer but I wanted to have a business background. So I thought it would be better to get my B.F.A in Fashion Design and Marketing and then go on to get an M.B.A but I realized that maybe I should have thought this through a little more. I doubt that either Oxford or Cambridge will take me too serious if I apply with a degree in Fashion and Marketing. What do you guys think?

MJII

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJII)
    BTW, I'm new. Hello everyone.

Okay here goes....I've always wanted to be a Fashion designer but I wanted to have a business background. So I thought it would be better to get my B.F.A in Fashion Design and Marketing and then go on to get an M.B.A but I realized that maybe I should have thought this through a little more. I doubt that either Oxford or Cambridge will take me too serious if I apply with a degree in Fashion and Marketing. What do you guys think?

MJII
    Ok I don't understand much of that. What are you hoping to study at Oxbridge? There is no such degree as Fashion and Marketing in Oxford nor Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    i think you might have hit the nail on the head..one word of advice for you *clearing*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Yes.
    Hehe

ReputationRep:
    I said I wanted an M.B.A.

ReputationRep:
    Post some of your portfolio for us!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, Oxbridge probably aren't the UK's best MBA suppliers, secondly, though your degree may count against you, most people do an MBA when they are older and thus have more working experience - this is what will get you on a good course.

MBAs are bloody expensive too, so you'd probably need a company to sponsor you.

ReputationRep:
    if you're really set on doing an MBA there are plenty of universities who will offer good courses, not just oxbridge- it shouldn't be the be all and end all

i also agree with huntroyde- get some experience behind you and some way of financing yourself through it as well

ReputationRep:
    At the very least work experence with one of the fashion houses there. Or even better, in Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Firstly, Oxbridge probably aren't the UK's best MBA suppliers, secondly, though your degree may count against you, most people do an MBA when they are older and thus have more working experience - this is what will get you on a good course.

MBAs are bloody expensive too, so you'd probably need a company to sponsor you.
    That's how my dada got his... his company (a big group of companies) sponsored him to do it and paid for everything. He did it at the Open University... I think a lot of people do it there because you can study around your job

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.