Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

results via wap at just gone midnight thursday? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, was just wondering, as we got the UCAS email saying we could check our status via WAP, site: http://www.ucas.com/wap/index.wml therefore, we can find out if we get into our first choice uni way before going into school to get them? I tried going to the wap site on my mobile (wap normally works fine - nokia 6100 enabled) but it says "file format unknown" anyone else had this problem, or wouldn't mind trying it out for me?! x

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely doubt you can get them at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    teh ucas tracking will only update thursday afternoon/evening

ReputationRep:
    results are published at 9.00am thursday morning, so that everyone gets a fair shot at clearing if they need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    results are published at 9.00am thursday morning, so that everyone gets a fair shot at clearing if they need it.
    nope, I get mine at midnight, if your college can get them to you then, there's nothing to stop them.

ReputationRep:
    Accordiung to the site, clearing begins at midnight?

ReputationRep:
    Traditionally, UCAS releases results online at midnight. At 00:00:01 the website crashes, and stays down for most of the rest of the day

ReputationRep:
    I wish ppl would stop scaremongering about clearing!! You do get some time to look through unis and call places, judging by the way some people on here go on, you'd think that it all HAD to be done and sorted by 12 noon on thursday or something!!!

They wouldn't knowingly release the unis decisions via wap at midnight.. maybe if they made another mistake but to be honest i think that most people are going to get results from college before ucas updates

ReputationRep:
    According to this* the results are sent electronically at 00:01 on wednesday. Of course, I suspect it's illegal to give students their results early.

* Edit: For some reason linking to the calendar doesn't work. Select calendar from the sidebar, then GCE under by qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamas)
    According to this* the results are sent electronically at 00:01 on wednesday. Of course, I suspect it's illegal to give students their results early.

* Edit: For some reason linking to the calendar doesn't work. Select calendar from the sidebar, then GCE under by qualification.

well they quickly removed that page.

MB

ReputationRep:
    so it seems

ReputationRep:
    those crafty people at EdExcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    well they quickly removed that page.

MB
    probaby because students got mixed up thinking they could get their results on wednesday teachers get them on wed, edexcel, aqa, ocr etc release them on wed to centres. but not to students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    nope, I get mine at midnight, if your college can get them to you then, there's nothing to stop them.
    Your college is open at midnight?
    They must have a massive overtime bill for that one....

ReputationRep:
    It's not fair that our teachers know our results before us. I'm making a point this year of avoiding one of my maths teachers untill after I've got them - last year as soon as I got into the school foyer she started grinning and I know I'd done fine, but it slightly spoilt the moment when I got the results. She was like a little kid with a secret!

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    i dont get mine till 11:00 am :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.