The Student Room Group

Additional Science Mocks GCSE

So, starting Monday (13/03/17) we've got science mocks to decide whether we do higher or foundation for each part of science (biology, chemistry and physics). I'm pretty fine with physics and chemistry, but I'm having a hard time remembering the stuff for biology and that's our first mock. I'm doing additional science for Edexcel and the mock is on topics 1 and 2. I don't know how to remember how plants get water to the leaves or the adaptations of leaves.

If anyone could help that would be brilliant. Thanks in advance. :smile:
Adaptation of the leaves:

Leaves are very thin that makes them have a large surface area for more light to be captured for photosynthesis. They contain stoma, stoma are tiny holes that allow carbondioxide to diffusse inside the leaves and oxygen to diffusse outside the leaves during photosynthesis.

How water get into the roots:

Root hair in the roots have long extensions that stretch into the soil. This makes it to have a large surface area. So that more water can move from higher concentration (in soil) to low concentration ( in the roots) by osmosis through a partially permeable membrane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest