Can I work in a bank with a chemical engineering degree?

Watch
hussain.ali
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have been advised to go into chemical engineering because it opens many doors apparently, I really like jobs that involve wearing suits and deal with money. Can I work in a bank with a chemical engineering degree or are there any chemical engineering jobs that are similar to banking stuff
Aerospengie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why did you do a degree in engineering if you wanted to be a banker?
hussain.ali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aerospengie)
Why did you do a degree in engineering if you wanted to be a banker?
I haven't gone into anything yet. I'm still in school currently doing my AS course.
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hussain.ali)
I have been advised to go into chemical engineering because it opens many doors apparently, I really like jobs that involve wearing suits and deal with money. Can I work in a bank with a chemical engineering degree or are there any chemical engineering jobs that are similar to banking stuff
Yeah you can got into banking. I think you mean investment banking
hussain.ali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ladbants)
Yeah you can got into banking. I think you mean investment banking
Thank you, that's what I was thinking. If i go into chemical engineering it could open to huge fields of work for me. Seiing as chemical engineering is maaths based and helps with analysing money based reports and finding solutions; it could be pretty useful in a bank. Do you have any advice?
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you, that's what I was thinking. If i go into chemical engineering it could open to huge fields of work for me. Seiing as chemical engineering is maaths based and helps with analysing money based reports and finding solutions; it could be pretty useful in a bank. Do you have any advice?
Yeah if you want to go into investment banking, they don't care what degree you do as long as it's from a good university. They care a lot about extracurricular activities like sports, music or volunteering and there are a lot of interviews you need to prepare for as well. It's a hard career to get into but it pays a LOT
Magicdesignss27
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey im in the same position as you now what did you end up doing ?? do you regret anything
gingeee123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Magicdesignss27)
hey im in the same position as you now what did you end up doing ?? do you regret anything
What unis u applying to?.
Magicdesignss27
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gingeee123)
What unis u applying to?.
Birms, Lancaster, Loughborough, Notts and Manchester probs, considering Bristol and bath aswell but unlikely
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads