Turn on thread page Beta

Do you hate Britons? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Of course there's such a thing as Northern Irish, just as there is such a thing as Southern English.

Oh, and in case there are any pedants who start saying 'but Northern Ireland isn't part of Britain', I am using 'British' here to apply to citizens of the UK (Northern Ireland inhabitants are still British citizens).

Well i'm sure the Irish will simply love being called British, its like calling the British French!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Well i'm sure the Irish will simply love being called British, its like calling the British French!!!
    I can see where you're coming from. Though you do get a few exceptions, which has been stated before by an Irishman on here.

Well I'm from England, does my vote count?

ReputationRep:
    1. Luton - No comment
    2. Tony Blair - Good reason
    2. Rubbish dress sense - Not valid
    3. Birmingham - I am sure its not as concrete as made out
    4. Scallies, pikeys, chavs, etc. - Good point
    5. Stoke on Trent - Very good point
    6. Can be annoyingly smug - So can the americans
    7. The weather - Our weather is not bad compared to some places
    8. Prince Charles - Good point
    9. teletubbies - Good point
    10. Mick Hucknall - He is about the only Manc song writer not be counted in the club scence so maybe.

Plenty of others as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Well I'm from England, does my vote count?
    Presumably.

Sisyphus you're a bit of a d*ck really aren't you. I wouldn't mind your pathetic little rant if you actually had any decent points.

1. Luton - a place, so not valid
    2. Tony Blair - A smug git, but an individual
    3. Birmingham - I like Birmingham.
    4. Scallies, pikeys, chavs, etc. - Good point, but you get scallies everywhere in the world.
    5. Stoke on Trent - Is it the accents which bother you or the fact it has a higher the usual number of chavs?
    6. Can be annoyingly smug - So can anyone. I'm a very smuggy person, but I don't know many other people that are. Sh*t reason
    8. Prince Charles - A bumbling idiot, an individual. And technically strong recent german origins.
    9. teletubbies - Though us adults might not appreciate them, they are a valuable learning aid for toddlers progressing from gurgling to the ability to say eh-oh.
    10. Mick Hucknall - He's ginger, so doesn't count

Methinks you're just a silly little snob, with troll like tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Sisyphus you're a bit of a d*ck really aren't you. I wouldn't mind your pathetic little rant if you actually had any decent points.

1. Luton - a place, so not valid
    2. Tony Blair - A smug git, but an individual
    3. Birmingham - I like Birmingham.
    4. Scallies, pikeys, chavs, etc. - Good point, but you get scallies everywhere in the world.
    5. Stoke on Trent - Is it the accents which bother you or the fact it has a higher the usual number of chavs?
    6. Can be annoyingly smug - So can anyone. I'm a very smuggy person, but I don't know many other people that are. Sh*t reason
    8. Prince Charles - A bumbling idiot, an individual. And technically strong recent german origins.
    9. teletubbies - Though us adults might not appreciate them, they are a valuable learning aid for toddlers progressing from gurgling to the ability to say eh-oh.
    10. Mick Hucknall - He's ginger, so doesn't count

Methinks you're just a silly little snob, with troll like tendencies.
    Foolfarian 1, Sisyphus 0. Well done sir!!

ReputationRep:
    1. Luton - built by Brits, lived in by Brits, tolerated by Brits
    2. Tony Blair - voted for by Brits
    2. Rubbish dress sense - see pts 3,4, 10 for examples
    3. Birmingham - I like Birmingham. Odd, but such taste might account for the fact you believe you have good dress sense.
    4. Scallies, pikeys, chavs, etc. - Good point, but you get scallies everywhere in the world. Not as bad as in the UK.
    5. Stoke on Trent - Is it the accents which bother you or the fact it has a higher the usual number of chavs? Place is a dump. Chavs a good pt.
    6. Can be annoyingly smug - So can anyone. I'm a very smuggy person, but I don't know many other people that are. Sh*t reason. Even if the rest are not (and many of them are), your smugness more than makes up for their defficiency.
    7. The weather - Our weather is not bad compared to some places. Like where?
    8. Prince Charles - A bumbling idiot, an individual. And technically strong recent german origins. Tolerated by the Brits. How recent? Part Greek maybe, but its some time since some of the Queen's ancestors came over from Germany.
    9. teletubbies - Though us adults might not appreciate them, they are a valuable learning aid for toddlers progressing from gurgling to the ability to say eh-oh. About as much as many Brits can say.
    10. Mick Hucknall - He's ginger, so doesn't count. More Brits are ginger than any other nationality.

And yeh, you're probably pretty right about me.

ReputationRep:
    More Brits are ginger than any other nationality.
    Evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Evidence?
    Possibly highest proportion rather than highest absolute number, but: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/819117.stm or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

ReputationRep:
    Possibly highest proportion rather than highest absolute number, but: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/819117.stm or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair
    But this is Scotland for you. :cool:

Apparently ginger haired girls are more sensitive to touch. Handy

ReputationRep:
    How is our weather ****? with out it we'd not have food and water! Our weather is perfect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Apparently ginger haired girls are more sensitive to touch. Handy
    I'm quite a fan of them myself lol!

ReputationRep:
    How is our weather ****? with out it we'd not have food and water! Our weather is perfect!
    I think you'll find that other countries have food and water. Some of them just have a bit more sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I'm quite a fan of them myself lol!
    Nothing wrong with that :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think people who complain about the weather should open up their eyes and see how lucky we are compared to other parts of the world - monsoons, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, droughts (sp), list goes on...

I don't even have to look at the websites to tell you you're wrong. The Irish have the largest proportion of ginger haired people. And as more Irish people live in Eire than Britain...

You are just a troll however, which i think is the key thing to remember.

ReputationRep:
    I may be being thick, but why would you hate people because of the weather?

ReputationRep:
    English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish. They're all a pretty objectionable lot. You can't really like them, surely?
    I dislike us all really. Im occasionally the exception to the rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I may be being thick, but why would you hate people because of the weather?
    i was just wondering that. sisyphus's other reasons are just laughable. if he/she moved away from Britain, (s)he'd miss it like hell, (s)he know (s)he would

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.