Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Take it with a pinch of salt. I get called about being 'posh' all the time. I even get some funny neg rep comments of losers. No need to take it to heart, you know we love you
    But you are posh

Better than being a chav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I may be being thick, but why would you hate people because of the weather?
    becouse we quiet obviously control the weather and when it gets too sunny the goverment turns on the rain, durrrhhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    becouse we quiet obviously control the weather and when it gets too sunny the goverment turns on the rain, durrrhhh!
    lol, then how come we get water shortages nearly every summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    lol, then how come we get water shortages nearly every summer?
    Because that is the government for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i was just wondering that. sisyphus's other reasons are just laughable. if he/she moved away from Britain, (s)he'd miss it like hell, (s)he know (s)he would
    I have been away from Britain for substantial periods of time during my life, cumulatively amounting to several years, and I can't say I ever really missed it.

('miss it like hell' probably quite an apposite phrase, actually.)

ReputationRep:
    good thread syphilus...Luton as your first reason for hating the British! You picked one of the places most populated by non-British... like my paddy family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I may be being thick, but why would you hate people because of the weather?
    Because the British put up with it. Those people that are left behind, unlike the Americans and the Australians*, are those who haven't had the imagination to leave.

*Obviously in the case of convicts it wasn't always a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Because the British put up with it.
    Can you think of a better idea then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    I don't even have to look at the websites to tell you you're wrong. The Irish have the largest proportion of ginger haired people. And as more Irish people live in Eire than Britain...
    Scotland has a higher proportion of ginger people than Ireland (and a larger population); Norn Iron ihas a similar %age to the Republic. But yes, as England has a smaller percentage of ginger people than Eire, the %age figure for the UK as a whole is probably 2nd to Ireland (but the absolute number is higher).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Can you think of a better idea then?
    yes, emigrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    good thread syphilus...Luton as your first reason for hating the British! You picked one of the places most populated by non-British... like my paddy family.
    I think you'll find that the vast majority of the population of Luton are British (though of some of them might not be white British).

ReputationRep:
    yes, emigrate.
    You make it sound like we're in Tornado Valley or Florida.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find that the vast majority of the population of Luton are British (though of some of them might not be white British).
    I was always under the impression that a lot of Irish and Italians went to Luton in the 60s? Not sure how many of those would class themselves as Brits.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sisyphus]I think you'll find that the vast majority of the population of Luton are British.QUOTE]

That might be so. That doesn't stop the place looking like a scene from a Kipling novel though.

ReputationRep:
    I was always under the impression that a lot of Irish and Italians went to Luton in the 60s? Not sure how many of those would class themselves as Brits.
    Lots of Irish. Not that many Italians. They all live in Bedford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Lots of Irish. Not that many Italians. They all live in Bedford.
    Still it proves my point a bit... I can only think of Liverpool, Machester and Kilburn that have as many Irish?

ReputationRep:
    Still it proves my point a bit... I can only think of Liverpool, Machester and Kilburn that have as many Irish?
    Ireland has quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot that live in Dublin, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    There's a lot that live in Dublin, apparently.
    Get out of town! I was going to add something along those lines to my thread as a knew there'd be some smart Alec but my nicotine addiction beckoned me away...
    Anyway who cares I have lots of great memories of Luton... going to the Arndale, throwing pennies into the hideous flamingo fountain; going to that big park place, eating rank stale biscuits at my nans and getting £1000 worth of coppers from her to thrown in to the hideous fountain. ah... those were the days. Luton rules.

ReputationRep:
    Get out of town! I was going to add something along those lines to my thread as a knew there'd be some smart Alec but my nicotine addiction beckoned me away...
    Anyway who cares I have lots of great memories of Luton... going to the Arndale, throwing pennies into the hideous flamingo fountain; going to that big park place, eating rank stale biscuits at my nans and getting £1000 worth of coppers from her to thrown in to the hideous fountain. ah... those were the days. Luton rules.
    Haha! I know Luton very well. I spent 5 years at Luton College of HE (now laughingly renamed the "University of Luton")

God! That Flamingo! Wasn't it hideous? A giant papier mache splodge of pink designed and constructed (or so it seemed) by a group of pre-schoolers. PLEASE.......tell me it's no longer in existance!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.