Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I prefer to consider myself eastern Irish, though I could equally well be northern Irish. One thing I am definitely NOT is British.
    Sure you are! Irelands part of the British Isles after all even if your part of it is "an Gaidhealtachd Saor"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Sure you are! Irelands part of the British Isles after all even if your part of it is "an Gaidhealtachd Saor"!
    I'd like to see the whole of Ireland being Gaeltacht Shaor. I'm geographically from the British Isles, as are the majority of us here, but I'm an Irish citizen and have no wish to be termed British in any political/cultural sense of the word...

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see the whole of Ireland being Gaeltacht Shaor. I'm geographically from the British Isles, as are the majority of us here, but I'm an Irish citizen and have no wish to be termed British in any political/cultural sense of the word...
    Do you have British citizenship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Do you have British citizenship?
    No. I only have an Irish passport.

ReputationRep:
    I only hate the liberal brits and the zionist ones also. The avg brit is ok, whether you like it or not you are almost exactly like your american brothers and sisters. Too bad your little island is going to be ruined by non-whites flooding into it, we will miss you. (except the liberal zionists, good riddance)

ReputationRep:
    if you dont like it here please leave, may i suggest if you may a few locations where large percentages of the population agree with you, mymnar, sierra leone, congo, zimbarwe and pakistan. Lets know how you get on there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes you foreigners would love it if whites left their land for you and ppl like you to run down into a ghetto, then you`d come looking for where we whites went and try to follow us AGAIN. I dont think whites are the ones that need to leave England my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiLiberal)
    Yes you foreigners would love it if whites left their land for you and ppl like you to run down into a ghetto, then you`d come looking for where we whites went and try to follow us AGAIN. I dont think whites are the ones that need to leave England my friends.
    friends?????? u hav any? and could u explain the 'again' plz

ReputationRep:
    I only hate the liberal brits and the zionist ones also. The avg brit is ok, whether you like it or not you are almost exactly like your american brothers and sisters. Too bad your little island is going to be ruined by non-whites flooding into it, we will miss you. (except the liberal zionists, good riddance)
    The percentage of the british population that isn't white is actually quite low. You say that you hate liberal British people. Well that includes a large percentage of British people. Add to that the number of British people who are zionist supporter and you are ruleing out a large proportion of the British population, saying that for some reason they don't deserve to be here. Well I don't have a problem with the racial make up of Britain as it is and I don't think that Britain is going anywhere. Britain is bound to be similar in many ways to America because both speak the same language and spring from the same initial culture I don't see why that is particually surprising.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for crying out loud. No one *hates* the British or they wouldn't have spent more than 5 seconds on a website titled UK Learning... and they certainly wouldn't have signed up! I hate paedophiles, the BNP etc. I certainly wouldn't willingly spent time (be in time online, or or time in real life) in a group of people where the huge majority were a group I 'hated'.

Grow up, shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Do you prefer 'colonial'?
    I prefer Australian thanks.

Isnt it funny how one little simple request from me when asked nicely has been shot down time and time again.

ReputationRep:
    except for you, clearly.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't really say I hate the British as then I would be hating myself.

But I don't think we are a bad lot in general,sure we have made alot of mistakes but haven't all countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissShine)
    Well I can't really say I hate the British as then I would be hating myself.

But I don't think we are a bad lot in general,sure we have made alot of mistakes but haven't all countries.
    yeah that arguement works for your country, but try that on the american thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I prefer Australian thanks.

Isnt it funny how one little simple request from me when asked nicely has been shot down time and time again.
    Indeed, well said.

ReputationRep:
    No. I only have an Irish passport.
    Do state the obvious

Actually if you're born in Northern Ireland I thought under the Good Friday Agreement citizens have a choice of nationality - Irish or British. But was told you can be have citizenship for both, just not nationality? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I hate them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    I hate them...
    oh grow up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Do state the obvious

Actually if you're born in Northern Ireland I thought under the Good Friday Agreement citizens have a choice of nationality - Irish or British. But was told you can be have citizenship for both, just not nationality? :confused:
    Its not really a choice of being 'Irish' or 'British', its a choice between the UK and the Republic - being pedantic i know, but by Irish i (and most i think) refer to anyone from the Island of Ireland, regardless of political orientation so you have Irish British just as you have Scottish Brits, English Brits and Welsh Brits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    but by Irish i (and most i think) refer to anyone from the Island of Ireland, regardless of political orientation so you have Irish British just as you have Scottish Brits, English Brits and Welsh Brits.
    But that is using a geographical aspect (the lump of mass called Ireland) with poltical lines (a nationality). My nationality is European really I know what you're saying.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.