I heard that tutelage was good?

hidden charges and overpriced
Reply 303
Original post by silent_poet786
hidden charges and overpriced

Isn’t it cheap? It’s like £1500
Reply 304
There are cheaper agencies, I keep bringing MedConnect cos its the only agency I have seen that is actually doing things the way they should be done. They charge less than a 1k I think. Tutelage also doesnt include apostillation costs so thats something you have to add in and also they charge a fee when they book apartments for students.

And they also spike up prices if you "apply late" or have low grades

Thanks, I’ll check out medconnect. :smile:
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
I am a third year medstudent at MU-Plovdiv, AMA.

How have you found it so far, hows the student life there?
Hey, i was just wondering if bulgarian student are except from FY1 because of the 6th year , can we student go to UK to do the 6th year clinical work there?
Reply 307
Original post by molyb denum
Hey, i was just wondering if bulgarian student are except from FY1 because of the 6th year , can we student go to UK to do the 6th year clinical work there?

No, I think that they do 6th year in Bulgaria. Also, Bulgarian graduates don’t have to do FY1 they can do FY2 but most do 1 because they need to get used to it.

No, to get an FY1 placement you need your degree. The intership is part of the degree and you dont recieve it till after completion. Weve tried to make that happen and our uni (plovdiv) doesnt have a problem with it but the GMC wont allow it till the degree is in your hands.
No, to get an FY1 placement you need your degree. The intership is part of the degree and you dont recieve it till after completion. Weve tried to make that happen and our uni (plovdiv) doesnt have a problem with it but the GMC wont allow it till the degree is in your hands.

Thanks for the reply. Can students choose if they want to do their internship in their home contry rather than in bulgaria. Btw, is the whole 6th year just internships.
Can anyone who has finished the 1st year in plovdiv tell me what topics in bio and chem are covered in the 1st year. Do they cover same topics as in a levels but just in more dept? and if not, could you any tell me the topics that are covered both in alevels and 1st year?
Thanks for the reply. Can students choose if they want to do their internship in their home contry rather than in bulgaria. Btw, is the whole 6th year just internships.

6th year is just internship, it depends on the home country rules and I dont think its been tried out as of yet. 6th year consists of the internship and state exams which you must pass to get the degree. State exams have to be sat in bulgaria of course so its best to just stick to BG as you will really need to focus on those exams. No point looking for a year back home and waste your whole degree away.
Can anyone who has finished the 1st year in plovdiv tell me what topics in bio and chem are covered in the 1st year. Do they cover same topics as in a levels but just in more dept? and if not, could you any tell me the topics that are covered both in alevels and 1st year?

I am in 4th yr now. Yh pretty much same stuff as A levels just in more depth. For chem, one thing that was really stressed in first yr was learning the structures of all the common amino acids. For bio, you will study molecular biology, parasitology (study of parasites) and basic immunology. PM me and I can send you more details and syllabus for the subjects.

Yeah, you can do your 6th year in the UK provided you can get the respective clinic hours signed off, you would stilll have to do your exams back in Bulgaria so it isn't really worth it overall
Original post by silent_poet_786
I am in 4th yr now. Yh pretty much same stuff as A levels just in more depth. For chem, one thing that was really stressed in first yr was learning the structures of all the common amino acids. For bio, you will study molecular biology, parasitology (study of parasites) and basic immunology. PM me and I can send you more details and syllabus for the subjects.

Do think those who did a-levels about five years and didn't get a good grade and don't actually remember anything, do you think they can manage with bio and chem? Are the lectures and courses intense? What topics do you think they should brush off before the uni starts to make it less difficult for them when they start in october.
Do think those who did a-levels about five years and didn't get a good grade and don't actually remember anything, do you think they can manage with bio and chem? Are the lectures and courses intense? What topics do you think they should brush off before the uni starts to make it less difficult for them when they start in october.

Nothing is impossible :smile: there are ppl who didnt even do either chem a level or bio a level and they managed to make it (entrance req used to be one at A level and the other could be at GCSE). You will go through all the stuff again in lessons anyway so as long as you put the time in whilst ur studying youll be fine. Course overall is intense as it is medicine, just because entry is easy, dont expect an easy 6 years.
for bio - go through molecular biology, things like DNA, transcription, translation etc, go through immunology for things specific and non specific immunity, the mechanisms for it. Here is the link for the bio department at the uni, you can check the syllabus: http://medbiology.meduniversity-plovdiv.bg/english-courses/

for chem, make sure you memorise the structures of all the common amino acids
Reply 317
Original post by AsalaR
Hey I study in Bulgaria, I recommend doing it as soon as you can

How did u fund it since u can't get a loan....
Original post by silent_poet_786
Nothing is impossible :smile: there are ppl who didnt even do either chem a level or bio a level and they managed to make it (entrance req used to be one at A level and the other could be at GCSE). You will go through all the stuff again in lessons anyway so as long as you put the time in whilst ur studying youll be fine. Course overall is intense as it is medicine, just because entry is easy, dont expect an easy 6 years.

Thanks for the great info. One more question, what happens if you don't pass a course, do you have repeat the whole year? And how many students approx. stay behind?
Thanks for the great info. One more question, what happens if you don't pass a course, do you have repeat the whole year? And how many students approx. stay behind?

Hey man, in first yr, you are allowed to fail two subjects to move onto the 2nd yr. and then in 2nd yr you are allowed to fail 3 subjects to move onto the 3rd yr, and same happens the following (you get one extra fail).

If you have more fails than you can take on, you have to take a year out and pay half the tuition fees to stay enrolled. You get like 2-3 retake sessions so usually you will pass them eventually lol

Latest

Trending

Trending