How much is the each year worth at Swansea?

Watch
Rumbler101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in my second year at the moment and I was wondering if there's a rule across all the courses in-regards to what percentage is for second and third year.

I heard it was 30% for the second year and third was 70%.

Is that right?

Thanks.
Swansea University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rumbler101)
I'm in my second year at the moment and I was wondering if there's a rule across all the courses in-regards to what percentage is for second and third year.

I heard it was 30% for the second year and third was 70%.

Is that right?

Thanks.
Hello!

Generally course credit format for second year is 40% and third year is 60%. The classification of your degree will be based on your average mark which is calculated using the marks scored during the two years.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any other questions you may have.
Rumbler101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

Thanks for replying! I do Computer Science so do you know how much the percentages are worth in that course? I asked one of the lecturers but he didn't really know, or he was just reluctant to tell me.

I tried calculating my mark for my first semester too, is this right?

I had 48% in one module, 68% in another, 52% in another and 52% in another. Each module is worth 15 credits. I did: ((15 * 0.48) + (15 * 0.52) + (15 * 0.68) + (15 * 0.52)) / 60 = 0.55 = 55% (first semester average). Total year is worth 120 credits so the 60 is the credits I've done so far and each module is worth 15 credits.

I then did (0.2 for just the first semester): 0.55 / 1 x 0.2 = 0.11 = 11%. This is my mark so far I think. Also 0.2 because I've only done 20% so far.

Thanks and hope you reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (23)
40.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (5)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (3)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (14)
24.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
12.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
8.77%

Watched Threads