Hope I think i know
    gettin better man
    gas panic
    Champagne supernova
    dont look back in anger
    born on a different cloud

God there is too many to name :cool:

ReputationRep:
    They used to be my favourite band ever...I don't rate them as highly as that anymore, but I still like alot of their stuff, even if they are a bit **** nowadays, still, Definitely Mabye is one of my favourite albums ever, (What's The Story) is also great, and they put out some fantastic B-Sides as well...

Liam Gallagher is a bit of a **** though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    They used to be my favourite band ever...I don't rate them as highly as that anymore, but I still like alot of their stuff, even if they are a bit **** nowadays, still, Definitely Mabye is one of my favourite albums ever, (What's The Story) is also great, and they put out some fantastic B-Sides as well...

Liam Gallagher is a bit of a **** though...
    Lol a funny **** though, it has to be said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    so fave choones everyone
    Whatever
    Live Forever
    Supersonic
    Aquiesse
    The Masterplan
    Rock 'N' Roll Star
    Champagne Supernova

ReputationRep:
    The Masterplan is one of my favourite songs ever, as is Whatever. However, Standing on the Shoulder of Giants and the most recent album were a bit pants really (with the exception of Sunday Morning Call and a few others). Be Here Now wasn't brilliant, although it had it's good points. First two albums =

Liam's voice gets lazier with each album, and now it's just plain annoying.

But what really annoys me is people who only started listening to Oasis over the past two or three years since the whole mod movement came into force. And why does it annoy me? Well, it annoys me because they're the same people who said Oasis were **** when they were good (about a decade ago now I think?), and then they jump on the bandwagon to try and look cool but end up looking like complete arses (I'm not suggesting that anyone here is like that, I'm just commenting on what I've seen).

Apologies for my terrible grammar.

Right, I'm off to start a thread about the fall of the Stereophonics...

ReputationRep:
    They are very over rated but they have produced some good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    best band ever?

I think so, still awesome.

Definitley Maybe is probably the greatest album of all time :cool:

so many great songs, liam and noel are Gods
    OASIS RULES......

ReputationRep:
    they're ok. the only song i reeeally liked by them was little by little, they're pretty average to me otherwise

ReputationRep:
    She's Electric is one of my favourite songs of all time.

ReputationRep:
    My faves:

Supersonic
    Live Forever
    She's Electric
    Aquiesce
    Slide Away

loads more

ReputationRep:
    Oasis are still the greatest around and are the best band of our generation. noel gallagher is arguably the greatest songwriter this country has produced since lennon/mccartney, and whether you love or loathe him, liam has the right voice and attitude for the band. for when you feel down noel has produced songs like 'stop crying your heart out' and 'dont go away' and the classic 'half the world away' or 'the royle family song' as my mum calls it! for when you feel good and want to turn the music up there are so many like 'live forever' 'cigs and alcohol' 'supersonic' go let it out' and 'the hindu times', the list is endless. even liam has started to write great songs such as 'songbird'. i may be biased cos ive got a framed noel gallagher autograph in my room but i truly believe this lot have not been surpassed in terms of their greatness and i defy anyone not to like at least one oasis song. I love all thier songs but my top 10 would include

Live forever, supersonic, wonderwall, half the world away, sunday morning call, stand by me, stay young, hindu times, stop crying your heart out and dont go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brum rocks)
    noel gallagher is arguably the greatest songwriter this country has produced since lennon/mccartney,
    Not a chance, what about Jimmy Page? Ray Davies? Morrissey/Marr? Pete Townshend? Strummer/Jones? John Squire? Lee Mavers?

even the likes of Thom Yorke and Stuart Murdoch are better than Noel Galagher IMO...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Not a chance, what about Jimmy Page? Ray Davies? Morrissey/Marr? Pete Townshend? Strummer/Jones? John Squire? Lee Mavers?

even the likes of Thom Yorke and Stuart Murdoch are better than Noel Galagher IMO...
    The only ones i might agree with you there are the who and smiths but the smiths never had the universal appeal that oasis do, and as much as i like the band, morrisseys lyrics are too negative, the same goes for radiohead. you cant compare the la's to oasis, the stone roses were good but oasis bettered them and produced many more anthems, the kinks had about 3 hits as did led zeppelin. as townshend is one of the gallagher's idols you could argue he is the better songwriter but there are so many great songs like noel has written, not just the dont look backs and wonderwalls that everyone knows but there are so many great b-sides that people dont know about and he continues to write them so i think he's the greatest in my generation.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.