Bump near my navel piercing?

Watch
danuuutka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I got my navel pierced about 3.5 months ago, and like a month or two ago I realised a red bump forming around the bottom hole. I got it checked out, and the piercer said it wasn't a keloid or anything, but that it was an irritation bump most likely caused by me doing crunches etc. So since I got told that (about a month ago) I've done no ab workouts, I've mainly just done HIIT and some backside training. The bump is still there though???

I did what he said, I've stopped doing any sort of crunches, and I am washing it twice a day with a sea salt soap, yet the red bump is still there, and I'm still getting crusties and some bleeding on the bump. What shall I do to get rid of it??
Lydsters
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had that except mine was on the top and it was because my clothes kept irritating it and I also ride so it inflammed when I did that. In the end it hurt so much I ended up taking it out. However fucidin cream works miracles if you want to keep it in
DemBoiPaigon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danuuutka)
So I got my navel pierced about 3.5 months ago, and like a month or two ago I realised a red bump forming around the bottom hole. I got it checked out, and the piercer said it wasn't a keloid or anything, but that it was an irritation bump most likely caused by me doing crunches etc. So since I got told that (about a month ago) I've done no ab workouts, I've mainly just done HIIT and some backside training. The bump is still there though???

I did what he said, I've stopped doing any sort of crunches, and I am washing it twice a day with a sea salt soap, yet the red bump is still there, and I'm still getting crusties and some bleeding on the bump. What shall I do to get rid of it??
I've pierced my eyebrow and it's the same problem, I can see it swell up sometimes and also have crust at the bottom/top of the bar, but I wash/sanitise the area and also take out the bar and immerse it in boiling salt water and put it back in. I've not had problems since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a surface piercing so has a high rejection rate. Keep an eye on it, could just be scar tissue or the piercing migrating.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd suggest you stop using the soap. Buy some regular sea salt (supermarkets will sell it) and mix it in a shot glass with boiling hot water. Once it's completely dissolved hold the shot glass (with the water as hot as you can handle it) over the piercing for approx 10 minutes once a day - right after a shower is best. Getting it wet several times a day can irritate it.

Navel piercings can take up to a year to fully heal so you may experience crusts for a good while yet. They're a good sign though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (768)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads