The Student Room Group

A level computer science

i'm very confused for college. i have chosen biology, chemistry and psychology. however, i really want to change psychology to computer science. But i'm not as good at maths and don't enjoy it. But i really enjoy binary maths and i love computer science in high school. Should i leave my options or change it?
Can you do all four and drop one after a few weeks? Chemistry is a lot of maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend does computer science A-level and it is very maths based. I would look at how good you are at maths, if you are getting/got a B at GCSE maths then I would recommend trying computer science. However you have to bare in mind that you will possibly have to put more effort into the maths side of computing than most people on the course.
Reply 3
Original post by miniboo
i'm very confused for college. i have chosen biology, chemistry and psychology. however, i really want to change psychology to computer science. But i'm not as good at maths and don't enjoy it. But i really enjoy binary maths and i love computer science in high school. Should i leave my options or change it?

if you love computer science, do it :smile: i do computer science A level and it's the most fun one i do. As for the maths side of things i'm fairly certain that you'll be able to cope - it's just basic binary so far (im in year 12 so im not sure if there will be more maths stuff next year). Also, the fact that there's no calculators allowed in the exams (OCR) leads me to believe any maths they make us do won't be bad :P
There's logic questions and stuff where you have to come up with pseudocode for a given situation so if you can do that you'll be fine :smile: That's probably the 'hardest' thing i know we have to do
Reply 4
Original post by fxlloutboyy
Can you do all four and drop one after a few weeks? Chemistry is a lot of maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to get 5 A's to do 4 subjects and that's like what imposible for me

Quick Reply

Latest