The Fall of the Stereophonics Watch

This discussion is closed.
flyinghorse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The Stereophonics started out so brightly, but then they released JEEP and everything went tits up. Now they're just dull and lifeless with very little to offer.

Word Gets Around - in my opininon one of the best albums I have ever heard
Performance and Cocktails - good album, but not as good as the first
JEEP - ARSE
YGGTTCB - the songs I've heard are OK, but nothing compared to WGA.

What went wrong? Or am I being too harsh? What does everyone else think?
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
File along side Oasis and Travis as bands who had great first albums then became ****...

What happened to the 'Phonics is that Kelly Jones' head dissappeared up his arse...
Kiesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by flyinghorse)
The Stereophonics started out so brightly, but then they released JEEP and everything went tits up. Now they're just dull and lifeless with very little to offer.

Word Gets Around - in my opininon one of the best albums I have ever heard
Performance and Cocktails - good album, but not as good as the first
JEEP - ARSE
YGGTTCB - the songs I've heard are OK, but nothing compared to WGA.

What went wrong? Or am I being too harsh? What does everyone else think?
I agree
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
File along side Oasis and Travis as bands who had great first albums then became ****...

What happened to the 'Phonics is that Kelly Jones' head dissappeared up his arse...
I think it's a bit of an unfair comment about Oasis because even after Definitely Maybe they had great tracks. Only a few of their songs have been rubbish really.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
I think it's a bit of an unfair comment about Oasis because even after Definitely Maybe they had great tracks. Only a few of their songs have been rubbish really.
yeah

the newest album is awesome, i like every song on that and they seem to be getting back to their good old selves.

o.k SOTSOG was average, Little James is a shite song, but it's still a good album. Sunday Morning Call and Gas Panic are great songs
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Be Here Now isn't as bad as people make out, but it's still far from great, Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants is truly awful and while Heathen Chemistry was a slight return to form, compared to their first 2 albums, it's poor...

believe me, I'd love Oasis to come back with a killer album to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong...but I just can't see it happening...
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
Be Here Now isn't as bad as people make out, but it's still far from great, Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants is truly awful and while Heathen Chemistry was a slight return to form, compared to their first 2 albums, it's poor...

believe me, I'd love Oasis to come back with a killer album to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong...but I just can't see it happening...
Yeah, I kind of agree with that but I hate how it's become almost trendy for people to dislike Oasis when they actually do like soooo many of their tracks.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to really like Stereophonics in the days of WGA and P&C....then like you, I heard Jeep and thought it was shite. Have got the latest album but have hardly listened to it - after a few listens I decided it was awful (apart from maybe a couple of tracks), so it is now collecting dust in my room! I don't really think they will be around for much longer though, now that Stuart has left the band. I think it all went a bit wrong when they started making additions to the band...they should've just remained as a trio.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The response at the Move festival wasn't good, people were really not interested and looked bored. When Morriesey was playing the entire stadium went mad and were singing along to all the songs etc.

I think the Phonics are past it now.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.63%
Leave (361)
20.37%

Watched Threads