The difference between getting a PGCE in College to a University

Watch this thread
Yarramie
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically, in a few years I plan to do a PGCE course in higher education in order to teach in College's rather than a University.

Where I live and am studying there is a college nearby which does a full-time PGCE course, which I prefer due to it's quickness. However in my University they do a part-time PGCE course. (Mind you I'm just beggining to do research on them both so don't know which one is better employability wise)

Does it matter if I get my PGCE in College compared to the University? Would it affect my employability?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yarramie)
Does it matter if I get my PGCE in College compared to the University? Would it affect my employability?
No, it definitely does not matter. No school is going to care where you did your PGCE.
Yarramie
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
No, it definitely does not matter. No school is going to care where you did your PGCE.
Is that so? I only asked the question cause my dad who's a uni professor said that that may be a possibility I won't get employed if I do the PGCE in a college compared to a UNI
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yarramie)
Is that so? I only asked the question cause my dad who's a uni professor said that that may be a possibility I won't get employed if I do the PGCE in a college compared to a UNI
I'm not sure what your dad thinks that, but he is mistaken. If you want to ask other teachers/PGCE students then look in the Education and Teaching forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (55)
19.03%
The paper was reasonable (107)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (84)
29.07%
It was TERRIBLE (43)
14.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise