The Student Room Group

Id rather have a male body :/

Im female myself but would much rather have had a male body. Ever since i was a kid just see it as more effective in general. For women who want kids obviously the female physique is essential to the individual and mankind im certainly not saying its less valuable in general, but its just to me it is. I'l explain, I suppose with not being maternal and not wanting kids I just think to myself whats the point in me having this body. Im older than most people on here too so its certainly not a phase.

Im very passionate about keeping fit/runnng, being strong and lifting weights. As a kid i never botjered with make up and instead prided myself on being stronger than others and having larger muscles. I was the odd one out among female friends who seemed to enjoy just standing outside chatting and watching the guys. I wanted to be doing what the guys did, walking across the pipes that ran over a high bridge and climbing. Whenever i attempted things like this though my female peers pointed out how stupid it was.

I am constantly reminded that I would be more effective at what i do (exercise, wanting to be strong) if Id have had a male body. Not only this but with being 5ft im constantly reminded by people about how weak i am. That its unsafe for me to run alone in the countryside and that i should feel unsafe in my job (working with mental health patients). I suppose id be more happy if i was taller but I cant help thinking that a male body would be more efficient for me and that mine is kind of wasted. What im saying is Id rather have a body designed for strength and athletic ability than for giving birth :/ I wouldnt go through a sex change or anything (im only 5ft i wouldnt look right lol) but I guess i just wanted to share how i feel. Ive not told anyone in real life (not that tsr isnt real life but you get what i mean)
Original post by Anonymous
Im female myself but would much rather have had a male body. Ever since i was a kid just see it as more effective in general. For women who want kids obviously the female physique is essential to the individual and mankind im certainly not saying its less valuable in general, but its just to me it is. I'l explain, I suppose with not being maternal and not wanting kids I just think to myself whats the point in me having this body. Im older than most people on here too so its certainly not a phase.

Im very passionate about keeping fit/runnng, being strong and lifting weights. As a kid i never botjered with make up and instead prided myself on being stronger than others and having larger muscles. I was the odd one out among female friends who seemed to enjoy just standing outside chatting and watching the guys. I wanted to be doing what the guys did, walking across the pipes that ran over a high bridge and climbing. Whenever i attempted things like this though my female peers pointed out how stupid it was.

I am constantly reminded that I would be more effective at what i do (exercise, wanting to be strong) if Id have had a male body. Not only this but with being 5ft im constantly reminded by people about how weak i am. That its unsafe for me to run alone in the countryside and that i should feel unsafe in my job (working with mental health patients). I suppose id be more happy if i was taller but I cant help thinking that a male body would be more efficient for me and that mine is kind of wasted. What im saying is Id rather have a body designed for strength and athletic ability than for giving birth :/ I wouldnt go through a sex change or anything (im only 5ft i wouldnt look right lol) but I guess i just wanted to share how i feel. Ive not told anyone in real life (not that tsr isnt real life but you get what i mean)

I get where you're coming from, I'm sorry that your peers have been/are being annoying about this.

I would say do whatever you want to do, if someone tries to apply a stereotype or says 'oh, x is unsafe, you shouldn't do it' then I would suggest smiling and telling them that you appreciate their concern but you'll be fine.
Original post by Anonymous

well theres nothing you can do to change it so think about things
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
I get where you're coming from, I'm sorry that your peers have been/are being annoying about this.

I would say do whatever you want to do, if someone tries to apply a stereotype or says 'oh, x is unsafe, you shouldn't do it' then I would suggest smiling and telling them that you appreciate their concern but you'll be fine.

Well thats one reason I lift weights I suppose I feel a bit like a guy might do if he was 5ft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending