Is long hair on teenage boys gay? Watch

Sgt. Peppers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am straight and thinking of growing my hair out.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you asking if it will look bad or if people will think you are a homosexual if you grow your hair long?

Having an embarrassing hair style in your teens is part of growing up. Do what you want, accepting that whatever you choose will look ridiculous when you look back at photos of yourself in 20 years.
N00NGUN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theres nothing inherently "gay" about having long hair. -This is coming from a gay male with short hair.

Grow your hair if you want to grow it, your appearance is a powerful way of projecting yourself to the outside world. Ive dyed my hair, had it long, gone to skin and dyed it all over again. But worrying about people thinking you're gay because of it? Very doubtful.
unillama
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think thats cute tbf....especially when a guy has a bun!!! its kinda shows that they dnt care about how they look and shz
shows flawless perfection if YGM?!
STLJA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A few of my cousins have grown out their hair and they get a lot of female attention due to girls loving their hair. So no it is not gay and, if it looks good, it will attract a lot of girls.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Grow up OP.
Curiousgeorgee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sgt. Peppers)
I am straight and thinking of growing my hair out.
are you being serious? how does long hair relate to being gay? As long as you are happy, do whatever

BREAK THE STEREOTYPES
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by STLJA)
A few of my cousins have grown out their hair and they get a lot of female attention due to girls loving their hair. So no it is not gay and, if it looks good, it will attract a lot of girls.
Thanks! Reassuring to know that long hair attracts female attention!
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Curiousgeorgee)
are you being serious? how does long hair relate to being gay? As long as you are happy, do whatever

BREAK THE STEREOTYPES
It is just a few of my friends at school started to call me gay because I have decided to grow my hair out.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Grow up OP.
It's not me, it's just a few of my friends at school have started to call me gay because I have decided to grow my hair out.
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by N00NGUN)
Theres nothing inherently "gay" about having long hair. -This is coming from a gay male with short hair.

Grow your hair if you want to grow it, your appearance is a powerful way of projecting yourself to the outside world. Ive dyed my hair, had it long, gone to skin and dyed it all over again. But worrying about people thinking you're gay because of it? Very doubtful.
Thanks, I'm not homophobic or anything it's just a few people have begun to call me gay because I have decided to grow my hair out.
indigofox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Men are meant to have long hair it's not natural to cut it, I'm mostly attracted to guys with long hair biologically it signifies health
Sgt. Peppers
Rep:
?
(Original post by indigofox)
Men are meant to have long hair it's not natural to cut it, I'm mostly attracted to guys with long hair biologically it signifies health
I know what you mean. If you look back through history men's long hair has been popping up everywhere. I am mostly inspired by the late 60's and 70's hair.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The most I ever got laid in my life was as a teenage boy with long hair....

That said, I was a tall rugby player who was very athletic, but still....
Krishi_G
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sometimes I kinda wish that maybe some more boys would grow their hair out, because it would suit them and they would look comfortable. So go for it! If you feel uncomfortable at any stage you could cut it...but if you don't then it makes it 10x better
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
The most I ever got laid in my life was as a teenage boy with long hair....

That said, I was a tall rugby player who was very athletic and had lots of money, but still....
Fixed. :yy:
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cherub012)
Fixed. :yy:
Actually I lived most of my life in considerable poverty. My mother often had to choose between heating and food. To this day I send her money regularly. We were even homeless for long periods....

I'm not what you'd like me to be, I'm afraid
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Actually I lived most of my life in considerable poverty. My mother often had to choose between heating and food. To this day I send her money regularly. We were even homeless for long periods....

I'm not what you'd like me to be, I'm afraid
Oh God the feels. I was joking btw.
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cherub012)
Oh God the feels. I was joking btw.
Violins XD

I know; we cool dw

Your comment would be correct in 95% of cases

Long hair is hard to pull off. You need some other talent or ability for the most part.
Cherub012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Violins XD

I know; we cool dw

Your comment would be correct in 95% of cases

Long hair is hard to pull off. You need some other talent or ability for the most part.
Lol.

Bet you done her proud though. :lol: :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads