Choice of BPTC provider - two questions

Watch
username2473335
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have been fortunate to be offered a place by University of Law, BPP and City for this coming autumn. As I live some distance from London, one of the factors in my choice will be how much time is required on campus. UL and BPP each say 4 days per week, City 3. Can any current students confirm if this is the case, or give any views on this? Ideally 3 very full days in London at City would suit, but clearly that doesn't work if the 'occasional' thing manages to appear just about every week on a 4th or even 5th day.

Second, again as someone trying to get away from being in London the whole time, what is the position about remote access to the library, particularly to legal databases such as Westlaw and Lexis etc. Do the 3 providers make such remote access possible, or can you only access the databases in the building?

Thanks in advance for any useful info or pointers.
Lawatoxbridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BPP in London, whilst advertising 4 days a week, if you email and let them know you live further out you can normally request to have 2/3 fuller days rather than 4 with only 2 hours on each day. Has access to all the Westlaw/LexisNexis you could need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (63)
22.42%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.81%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.57%

Watched Threads