The Student Room Logo
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
This thread is closed

Durham Applicants 2008 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Becca
MFL don't interview. If you apply for MFL you will not be invited to interview.

Yay!!! :wink:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Becca
MFL don't interview. If you apply for MFL you will not be invited to interview.

Do English?

If not, then what's the likelihood I'll be interviewed for the Combined Honours in Arts course considering I've specified English and MFL?
Greatleysteg
Do English?

If not, then what's the likelihood I'll be interviewed for the Combined Honours in Arts course considering I've specified English and MFL?

The English department doesn't interview.
Reply 1363
Greatleysteg
Do English?

I wasn't interviewed...
My application has been passed on to the college, woop woop :smile: (bout time too!)
Gah! Got a letter saying my course was oversubscribed, so I probably won't get a reply until March while they go over our applications again. How many people can be replying for deferred entry Classical Past Studies?! Grrrr.
Just sent my application (I know I'm late, but I wanted to make the most of my £15 subscription and Durham seems to be the perfect university to go in ^^.)
I don't expect to be made an offer, even if it would be great, lol.
I . . . have an offer from St Cuths for History V100 :smile: Anyone else...?
Reply 1368
Why "for some reason"?
Reblet
Why "for some reason"?

I really can't believe they've given me an offer. It did sound a bit arsey, actually.
Reply 1370
Ahaa! I was a bit like that, shocked and delighted. You clearly deserved an offer though so don't be suprised! Well done! Did you apply to Cuth's?
Reply 1371
thethuthinnang
I . . . have an offer from St Cuths for History V100 :smile: Anyone else...?

Wooo! That's where I plan to be this October! :smile::smile:
Cuths Cuths Cuths!
Reply 1372
yeah i also received a letter finally....its from Butler :smile:))) so nice to meet u mate!!i wanted so much to be there!!!!yeyyyy im gonna study politics(european studies)
Reply 1373
Will they look at applications during half term?
IBabc123
Will they look at applications during half term?

Yep, we dont actually have it up here. Just ludicrously long holidays at Christmas and Easter.
have applied to castle - still no decision.

will it be like, full, now?
Reply 1376
xmrbearx
have applied to castle - still no decision.

will it be like, full, now?

Well Castle is very popular for obvious reasons. But it depends on your course as the colleges work on a quota system on how many students they can take from a particular course. So there's no need to worry, especially since from the looks of it, Durham hasn't handed out several offers as of yet.
Reply 1377
I applied to Hildebede and get the feeling theyve given me to another. Dont know why, I just have a feeling. I can just imagine HB getting a lot of pooled applications and by the time they considered mine it would have been full for anthropology!!

No evidence for that, mind you, its just me trying to make myself feel better about applying!
What does the campus bit on UCAS mean after you have an offer? For my Oxford offer I have a letter next to it, and for Durham I have a number. (I applied "open" for Durham). I'm guessing it refers to the college you've been assigned to, but is there a key anywhere? Or does it mean nothing interesting at all?
Reply 1379
Aladdin Sane
What does the campus bit on UCAS mean after you have an offer? For my Oxford offer I have a letter next to it, and for Durham I have a number. (I applied "open" for Durham). I'm guessing it refers to the college you've been assigned to, but is there a key anywhere? Or does it mean nothing interesting at all?

Voila:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/college/

The number on your ucas track matches up to the college you've been assigned to.

Latest