jw131001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi. I'm planning on studying medicine in the UK when I go to university, and after that I love the idea of practising medicine in Canada, as I've heard it's a great place to do so. Does anyone know how easy it is to practise in Canada with a UK degree?
Glia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's fantastic that you're looking so far ahead, but with rules changes on a yearly/semi-yearly basis it's impossible to predict how easy it'll be to practice in Canada with a UK degree. Especially since we're talking about ~10 years in the future (assuming your profile info is still correct).

Currently it's pretty straightforward to move to Canada once you've completed postgraduate training (that's the 5yr MBBS degree + 2yr foundation training + 3-7 years speciality training). Going right after medical school graduation is a lot more difficult as you'd be competing against all international graduates for very few positions and a UK degree doesn't give any official benefits (though unofficially things like a common language and similar systems does help).

All the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.42%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.58%

Watched Threads