The Student Room Group

Why did he text me first then not answer?

So this guy texted me last night when he was drunk (he regularly does) and I just didn't reply.

But then he text me again asking why I didn't come out on sat night and I replied and we sent a couple of texts.

The last one I sent was "erm maybe we'll see" (about going out another time) and he has not answered! Why do you think? I know I was maybe a bit blunt but of he wants to talk surely he would think of something else? X
still your turn since you didn't ask a question.
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
still your turn since you didn't ask a question.

Even though I did reply?

(Thank u for answering!!x)
Reply 3
you seem unresponsive a lot of the time when he texts you, and you sound like you're brushing him off in your last msg.

Is it really that surprising to you he didn't reply?

also what exactly is he supposed to be replying to? you never asked him a question and gave a pretty dead answer
Reply 4
Does he only talk to you when he's drunk or when it's about meeting up? If yes, then there's your answer as to why he's not interested in trying to engage in a proper conversation.

But I mean, if someone was to just say maybe. I'd probably wait until they messaged me saying 'yes' or 'no' before responding back if we were planning on meeting up or whatever. You could always just send him a general chatty text and see how he responds (or if he responds). Maybe he's just a bit awkward and doesn't know what to say without something obvious to respond to. Or maybe he's only interested in 'meeting up' and doesn't feel interested in chatting about other stuff because of that.

Try texting him and see how he responds and you should get a better understanding of what he's wanting. But also evaluate what you want out of it. If you're not interested in him, then it doesn't really matter so I wouldn't be critical or overthink it too much. But if you're interested in his intentions or do want to chat with him, don't be scared to send a little text saying hey and asking what he's up to.
Isn't hypocrisy cute?
Reply 6
Original post by EmmaCx
Does he only talk to you when he's drunk or when it's about meeting up? If yes, then there's your answer as to why he's not interested in trying to engage in a proper conversation.

But I mean, if someone was to just say maybe. I'd probably wait until they messaged me saying 'yes' or 'no' before responding back if we were planning on meeting up or whatever. You could always just send him a general chatty text and see how he responds (or if he responds). Maybe he's just a bit awkward and doesn't know what to say without something obvious to respond to. Or maybe he's only interested in 'meeting up' and doesn't feel interested in chatting about other stuff because of that.

Try texting him and see how he responds and you should get a better understanding of what he's wanting. But also evaluate what you want out of it. If you're not interested in him, then it doesn't really matter so I wouldn't be critical or overthink it too much. But if you're interested in his intentions or do want to chat with him, don't be scared to send a little text saying hey and asking what he's up to.

Thank you Emma, you seem so lovely !! He texts me when he's drunk and about meeting up a lot but also just to chat quite a bit. I really, really like him but I am scared he is just using me as he does have a bit of a reputation. When I told him that I felt he was using me he said he wasn't and was a lil but offended and was a bit off for a while but then started talking normally again so I don't know!

Thank u for answering x
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
you seem unresponsive a lot of the time when he texts you, and you sound like you're brushing him off in your last msg.

Is it really that surprising to you he didn't reply?

also what exactly is he supposed to be replying to? you never asked him a question and gave a pretty dead answer

You're right, I know! I just get scared and panic when he texts me x
Reply 8
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Isn't hypocrisy cute?

I know I'm sorry I seem like a horrible person :frown: I just get panicky when he texts x
Reply 9
Most likely didn't see a need to continue the conversation, especially considering how cold you seemed to be then. I would've probably left it at that myself.

He'll message you again if he wants to talk but he most likely thinks you're the one who doesn't want to talk to him rn. So just ask him what he's up to or something.
Original post by Anonymous
I know I'm sorry I seem like a horrible person :frown: I just get panicky when he texts x

Well if you want to be a good friend or potential gf to him you have to put your pride and fear to the side. Playing hard to get doesn't prove anything and for me would be a reason to lose interest as I can't be bothered to play games.
If you don't want to be ignored then don't ignore him yourself and act interested!
I mean if you ignored me a couple of times, I'd cut it off as well.

Be more responsive next time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending