The Student Room Group

Scholarship

Just wondered if anyone could help? My son has won a Scholarship after sitting an exam. It's a one off payment in his first year.

He's not decided which university he's going to yet, but the university he's won his scholarship with will at least be his insurance choice. Is it ok for him to accept the scholarship even though it might be his insurance? Its not awarded until after he's started so presume if he doesn't end up going to this university it will just go back in the pot.
I'd double check the terms, it could be that the scholarship is only offered to applicants who make it their firm choice
Original post by Eastcoastbays
Just wondered if anyone could help? My son has won a Scholarship after sitting an exam. It's a one off payment in his first year.

He's not decided which university he's going to yet, but the university he's won his scholarship with will at least be his insurance choice. Is it ok for him to accept the scholarship even though it might be his insurance? Its not awarded until after he's started so presume if he doesn't end up going to this university it will just go back in the pot.

I think it will be ok, not totally sure though. Hopefully klix sees this and knows

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending