The Student Room Group

Help with History Question that beings "How convincing do you find.."

Hi first time poster, been having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to plan out my essay that asks "How convincing do you find Tony Blair's arguments in relation to his Iraq War speech"

Now, I'm getting confused at the "how convincing" part as I've never come across this in an essay before. So therefore do I treat this like a normal "how much do you agree/disagree essay?" Pointing out important segments/themes of the speech analysing and using sources primary/secondary as necessary?

or is the use of 'convincing' in the question make this is different type of essay?

Any help would be great, as I'm currently going insane.

Ps. this is a undergraduate essay.
Original post by isrusty
Hi first time poster, been having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to plan out my essay that asks "How convincing do you find Tony Blair's arguments in relation to his Iraq War speech"

Now, I'm getting confused at the "how convincing" part as I've never come across this in an essay before. So therefore do I treat this like a normal "how much do you agree/disagree essay?" Pointing out important segments/themes of the speech analysing and using sources primary/secondary as necessary?

or is the use of 'convincing' in the question make this is different type of essay?

Any help would be great, as I'm currently going insane.

Ps. this is a undergraduate essay.

Convincing does mean argument and counter, and it can be tested against interpretations along with as you said, 'sources'. The point is to see if it links towards the historical facts. So you're questioning its credibility. You're looking to see if Tony Blair's argument fits with what was said in the Iraq War Speech in effect. Hope this is helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by isrusty
Hi first time poster, been having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to plan out my essay that asks

Latest

Trending

Trending