Jyotii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have no idea what to write for the question...

"Is it reasonable to assume that the reaction velocity is directly proportional to absorbance? Why?"
"How could you determine if this is the case?"
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jyotii)
I have no idea what to write for the question...

"Is it reasonable to assume that the reaction velocity is directly proportional to absorbance? Why?"
"How could you determine if this is the case?"
Are those general questions or does an example exists? It is a bit difficult to give a precise answer.
Jyotii
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Are those general questions or does an example exists? It is a bit difficult to give a precise answer.
General Questions
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
General Questions
Okay, I give it a try.

I would reply the first question by refering to a graph: if proportionality between these units exists, the graph is increasing or decreasing in a linear way. This should be enough to reason your answer.

If the abosrbance has something to do with thermal energy (as in enzymes which are releasing it when set a reaction free), it can be determined by measuring the increasing temperature.
Jyotii
Rep:
?
Okay, I give it a try.

I would reply the first question by referring to a graph: if proportionality between these units exists, the graph is increasing or decreasing in a linear way. This should be enough to reason your answer.

If the absorbance has something to do with thermal energy (as in enzymes which are releasing it when setting a reaction free), it can be determined by measuring the increasing temperature.
Thank you,

I wrote something along the lines of absorbance increasing with concentration and as concentration increases with absorbance we can determine that concentration is proportional to absorbance?
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you,

I wrote something along the lines of absorbance increasing with concentration and as concentration increases with absorbance we can determine that concentration is proportional to absorbance?
That sounds like proportional units. If the ceoncentration is depend on absorbance in that way, it is a linear relation of those ones. And that is a sign of proportionality.
Jyotii
Rep:
?
That sounds like proportional units. If the ceoncentration is depend on absorbance in that way, it is a linear relation of those ones. And that is a sign of proportionality.
Ah okay
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah okay
You are welcome! no another questions? seems so. In this sense: was an honour to help you. :hat2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (142)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (195)
46.43%

Watched Threads