Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Conclusion: Mathematics follows the teaching of madmen.
    That is probally a true statement, but Mathematics isn't a guide to how to live your life, it is a science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Have you heard the theory about Jesus having children?

This pesents a big problem for the Christian churches - descendants of Jesus will still be alive - will they not be part God (like Heracles )
    I recall something about that, apparently the myth goes along the lines of his brood founding the Angevin dynasty of the Frankish monarchy or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    I I will not ever be religious unless God himself personally stands in my presence and tells me what religion to believe in. And even then I would probally go and commit myself to a mental asylum.
    In view of the results of God's efforts in creating the world and humanity, I would try to have him committed to a mental asylum

ReputationRep:
    I have read "The Da Vinci Code" and it was a marvellous piece of fiction, but nothing more. The theory of Jesus and Mary Magdellen having children. It's very interesting isn't.

Lets start with some basic facts. Mary believed that Jesus was the Christ and Son of God. She may well indeed have written an account of his time on earth. I quote from her gospel now (can be found on magdalen.org). The disciples and Jesus are talking about the nature of sin and Jesus said....."Sin as such does not exist, but you make sin when you do what is of the nature of fornication, which is called 'sin.'" So Jesus and Mary Magadalen would have sinned if they had children together, unless of course they were married. Let us assume that Jesus did not sin, hence why he could be crucified in place of us.

So that leads to the crucial question. Were they married ? According to many sources, Mary and Jesus were companions, and Jesus loved her more than other disciples. The original word for companion has often been interpreted as consort. This does not indicate marriage, and so we must assume that they were not married. So, this would lead Jesus to be commiting sin by having children with Mary Magadalen. So he mustn't of had children, bearing in mind that Mary Magdalen would know that Jesus was perfect, as it had been discussed many times, and she recognised who Jesus was.

Just my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you not be a Muslim? Just as valid!

Phft, I don't need to justify myself to the likes of you!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the internet ment to transend Race and religon? (Could be argued it transends Gender too but names give it away a bit). Why does it matter if your a muslim or a christian, its just a forum. No one really cares unless you start to bash other peoples beliefs.

Its like the Jahova's Witness's i've got nothing against them except the fact that they feel the need to try to convert me every 5 seconds! If i wanted to join i'd turn up at their meetings.

Religon is only an issue if people make it an issue!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't i become a muslim? Well, I don't think the first sentence of the koran is true, to begin with. As for the second sentence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    Welcome.... I think.

Nothing will prove Islam to me because I have the bible and most of the points of the stories of Islam are so absurd.
    if you believe in the Bible you would believe in Islam(and Quran) because they are both from God, Christianity was the real religion but because of the wrong beliefs which later followers came up with, it was replaced by Islam, God ordered humankind from all around the world to followit and i think being christian helps you to understan Islam more and believe in it because you believe in God, His angels, His books, His messengers, the gudgment day and the fate. so, what is the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    If you don't believe in something then you don't belive in it. No matter how hard you try to be a Muslim/Christian/Jew if you don't believe in what is being preached then how can you possibly convert to that religion?
    You can convince yourself, like every theist does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmOM3536)
    if you believe in the Bible you would believe in Islam(and Quran) because they are both from God, Christianity was the real religion but because of the wrong beliefs which later followers came up with, it was replaced by Islam, God ordered humankind from all around the world to followit and i think being christian helps you to understan Islam more and believe in it because you believe in God, His angels, His books, His messengers, the gudgment day and the fate. so, what is the difference?
    You may as well worship the LOTR trilogy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Umm not everyone is against islam, i have nothing whatsoever against it as a whole. I know some very nice muslims, but it's just not for me.
    Who told you that Islam is not for you, Islam was revealed from God to the humankind and you are a human being , so you are involved and willing to believe in Islam and follow it if it was proven to you it's true

ReputationRep:
    If I brought all the evidences that Islam is the real religion which suits all the people from all around the world for it was revealed for all humankind, would you be open-minded to reconsider what you used to believe about Islam? Would you be a Muslim?

Erm.......no. Can't be assed, however "real" Islam may be.

I'm afraid I find religion extremely boring so won't be participating if it's all the same to you.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    To answer the thread title:

I am not a muslim for the same reason i am not a christian, a jew or a member of any other similiar belief system. Without going into detail on the numerous historical contradictions, innacuracies and morally reprehensive teachings found in the central book of each religion the laughable number of contradictary attributes ascribed to the God they worship stops me from giving it any greater consideration.
    the Quran doesn't have any contradictions because it is the words of God, on question, do you see any contradiction in yourself? do you see any mistake? never .. God created you (don't tell me you think we are here by accident), least what we can do is thanking Him for his blessings and believe in the book that He revealed to show us our path in this life

ReputationRep:
    the Quran doesn't have any contradictions because it is the words of God, on question, do you see any contradiction in yourself? do you see any mistake? never .. God created you (don't tell me you think we are here by accident), least what we can do is thanking Him for his blessings and believe in the book that He revealed to show us our path in this life
    It doesnt have any contradictions because it is the word of God. We know it is the word of God because it states so itself. We know it is valid because it is the word of God...

Thats nothing more than a convoluted way of spelling "********."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Erm.......no. Can't be assed, however "real" Islam may be.

I'm afraid I find religion extremely boring so won't be participating if it's all the same to you.........
    We all like to have fun in life including me of course, if i have free time i like to do nice things (or i wouldn't see this forum in the first place) but as well we need to rely on something real, you need to feel that you are not alone when you think you are, you need to feel (sometimes) that you are here in this life because of something really great

i hope you wouldn't find it boring because i care about participations of such members as you .. thanks for passing anyway

ReputationRep:
    but as well we need to rely on something real, you need to feel that you are not alone when you think you are, you need to feel (sometimes) that you are here in this life because of something really great
    I get this feeling from my friends, family and my 12 week old kitten.

ReputationRep:
    We all like to have fun in life including me of course, if i have free time i like to do nice things (or i wouldn't see this forum in the first place) but as well we need to rely on something real, you need to feel that you are not alone when you think you are, you need to feel (sometimes) that you are here in this life because of something really great
    Some are capable of living without relying on the concept of being rewarded with heaven simply for choosing to venerate a God as a placebo to get them through the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    To answer the thread title:

I am not a muslim for the same reason i am not a christian, a jew or a member of any other similiar belief system. Without going into detail on the numerous historical contradictions, innacuracies and morally reprehensive teachings found in the central book of each religion the laughable number of contradictary attributes ascribed to the God they worship stops me from giving it any greater consideration.
    ya i totally agree... i have no need or use for religion. It would be a waste of my time and to put it plainly, f*ck religion

ReputationRep:

i hope you wouldn't find it boring because i care about participations of such members as you .. thanks for passing anyway
    something real is life, stop wasting it with a *****y old book...... thee is no god and the only time you have is here so start using it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    something real is life, stop wasting it with a *****y old book...... thee is no god and the only time you have is here so start using it
    People can base their lives on any fantasy they wish so long as they dont shove it down my throat.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.