Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't you be a Muslim? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    People can base their lives on any fantasy they wish so long as they dont shove it down my throat.
    ya true but i just like arguing with religious people because in the end they just yell at you and say your going to hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmOM3536)
    We all like to have fun in life including me of course, if i have free time i like to do nice things (or i wouldn't see this forum in the first place) but as well we need to rely on something real, you need to feel that you are not alone when you think you are, you need to feel (sometimes) that you are here in this life because of something really great

i hope you wouldn't find it boring because i care about participations of such members as you .. thanks for passing anyway
    Having fun? What's fun got to do with it? I'm a married man. I don't have fun anymore! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    That is probally a true statement, but Mathematics isn't a guide to how to live your life, it is a science.
    I can't help but think that there are people on here who would disagree with that :rolleyes:

For the record: I am not one of them

ReputationRep:
    the Quran doesn't have any contradictions because it is the words of God, on question, do you see any contradiction in yourself? do you see any mistake? never .. God created you (don't tell me you think we are here by accident), least what we can do is thanking Him for his blessings and believe in the book that He revealed to show us our path in this life
    "don't tell me you think we are here by accident"

Wtf.. you are so far behind. God created people.. what a lovely fantasy. Evolution has been a well established scientific theory for a long time.. perhaps not as long as religion, which was invented by some people a long long time before anyone knew genes existed.

Funny... I've never heard an answer to this question.. who made God? If God made everything, what did he make it out of? And what made him? Or maybe he won't tell you. See this is why the "god" argument has so little credibility in the real world of science where people make theories BASED ON EVIDENCE.

Or maybe he doesn't exist? :eek:

edit - sorry for this but it really gets me angry when the world is run by people who make assertions on god without any evidence.. the same people who are makins assertions about other things. and they have nuclear weapons in their control. it's stupid and insane. eg. GWB - god bless america.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i'm not a muslim because i believe christ is the son of God
    This doesn't make any sense, the Chris is a human like us yet he is a prophet and a messenger of God to tell people about oneness of God and about their religion. What happened with him was only a miracle which any messenger from Gon needs to prove for his people that he was really sent by God and that he make this up. Of course you wouldn't believe someone comes to you and tell you God sent me an angel and ordered me to help people finding their way. you need to see things that only the Creator can do and this is exactly what happened. Instead of believing in the Chris to be an honest messenger from God they said he is a Son of God. That means the Chris is a God too. there is no any aspect of comparison here, don't you think so? doesn't it wrorth to rethink about the whole thing? believe me i didn't say this for the sake of conversation and proving you wrong

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't make any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I can't help but think that there are people on here who would disagree with that :rolleyes:

For the record: I am not one of them
    I am a mathematician, and I doubt you will find people who run their lives according to the teachings of mathematicians... because as far as I know there are no such teachings.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't make any sense, the Chris is a human like us yet he is a prophet and a messenger of God to tell people about oneness of God and about their religion. What happened with him was only a miracle which any messenger from Gon needs to prove for his people that he was really sent by God and that he make this up. Of course you wouldn't believe someone comes to you and tell you God sent me an angel and ordered me to help people finding their way. you need to see things that only the Creator can do and this is exactly what happened. Instead of believing in the Chris to be an honest messenger from God they said he is a Son of God. That means the Chris is a God too. there is no any aspect of comparison here, don't you think so? doesn't it wrorth to rethink about the whole thing? believe me i didn't say this for the sake of conversation and proving you wrong
    this thread has awakened my hate for religous ppl, sorry but its true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    we're not bothered by the fact that you're a muslim and want to join this forum, there's lots of mulims on here who are loved by all the members.
    thank you for participating and for welcoming me

"purely because i don't belive in a higher being enough to do so. evidence or no evidence, i'd never do it."

Why? You don't think there is a higher being ? what about this endless universe? what about new things scientists dicover everyday? what about us? Who is responible about every little tiny thing?

"as for people in this country being against islam, a ot of people aren't, its just those select few that are who happen to be very mouthy. they've unfortunately seen islam taken to it's extremes, which, as many know, is not the way it was intended to be followed, therefore they base their opinion of Islam on what they've seen"

yes i agree with you.. what happens these days is really bad and gives a bad picure about Islam.. i'm really sorry to see such people misrepresnting their religion in that way

ReputationRep:
    Why? You don't think there is a higher being ? what about this endless universe? what about new things scientists dicover everyday? what about us? Who is responible about every little tiny thing?
    Endless universe? Well. That's because of the expansion of space-time.
    Us? Evolution wrapped that up nicely a few hundred years ago.
    Who is responsible for every tiny thing? No one is. Why do you search for someone to be responsible? For a scapegoat when things go wrong, and for someone to thank when you get lucky? Why not accept we are alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    It is funny you claim that you can present all the evidence to prove Islam is the one true religion, because I have heard Christians say that they can provide all the evidence to show it is the one true religion. I will not ever be religious unless God himself personally stands in my presence and tells me what religion to believe in. And even then I would probally go and commit myself to a mental asylum.
    i don't believe you think that God who created this whole very huge universe including us would stand in front of every human being to tell him i created you and you have to believe in me.. instead He sent messengers with miracles proving them honest to show us our way.. commit yourself to the will of God for He made it very clear He is there and his messengers were really sent by Him with a real religion suits all mankind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Sorry mate already bookmarked by something else.

Im not against Islam, I think its very interesting indeed.
    i'm glad to hear this and i promise it would be interesting. so, stay around

ReputationRep:
    i don't believe you think that God who created this whole very huge universe including us would stand in front of every human being to tell him i created you and you have to believe in me.. instead He sent messengers with miracles proving them honest to show us our way.. commit yourself to the will of God for He made it very clear He is there and his messengers were really sent by Him with a real religion suits all mankind
    Ah, I see now. God after he created the universe didn't feel the need to come and tell the people he created that he exists. Instead he left us people claiming to be prophets... and books telling us to believe in him. How could I have been so blind all this time. So where do I sign up to become a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    religion can suck my.....

ReputationRep:
    *sign*

the world is doomed to your lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Have you heard the theory about Jesus having children?

This pesents a big problem for the Christian churches - descendants of Jesus will still be alive - will they not be part God (like Heracles )
    Of course the Christ would never have any children but it is not for the reason you mentioned. the Christ jesus peace be upon him is not a God , he is a human like us, yey he wasn't created in the same way we were all created.. in fact, he was created in the same way Adam was created. Adam was a starting point of the human life and we are all descendents of Adam while the Chris is not. If the Christ had children, there would be those who are descendents of the Chris and others who are descendents of Adam. in other words, there would be a diversion and this is not the way we are intended to be.

ReputationRep:
    Of course the Christ would never have any children but it is not for the reason you mentioned. the Christ jesus peace be upon him is not a God , he is a human like us, yey he wasn't created in the same way we were all created.. in fact, he was created in the same way Adam was created. Adam was a starting point of the human life and we are all descendents of Adam while the Chris is not. If the Christ had children, there would be those who are descendents of the Chris and others who are descendents of Adam. in other words, there would be a diversion and this is not the way we are intended to be.
    You haven't responded to anything I said. But there is a lot of evidence, which outwieghs any single book which was probably written by humans in the first place, to say that we evolved. So if God made us, why on earth do we have a tailbone like the creatures we evolved from?

ReputationRep:
    Many Christians, such as myself, accept evolution. Back 2000 years ago, it would have been pretty hard to explain evolution to the people of the middle east! Hence the writings in the Bible. Both explainations point back to the saem thing - God set the ball rolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    Many Christians, such as myself, accept evolution. Back 2000 years ago, it would have been pretty hard to explain evolution to the people of the middle east! Hence the writings in the Bible. Both explainations point back to the saem thing - God set the ball rolling.
    The God to which youre referring for evolution is not the Christian or religious God however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Endless universe? Well. That's because of the expansion of space-time.
    Us? Evolution wrapped that up nicely a few hundred years ago.
    Who is responsible for every tiny thing? No one is. Why do you search for someone to be responsible? For a scapegoat when things go wrong, and for someone to thank when you get lucky? Why not accept we are alone?
    Take a look around you from where you sit. You will notice that everything in the room is "made": the walls, the upholstery, the ceiling and countless other details. None of them happen to exist in your room of their own accord. They did not appear by chance.
    A person who is about to read a book knows that it has been written by an author for a specific reason. It would not even occur to him that this book might have come into being by chance. Therefore, everywhere where there is an order - either small or big - a founder and protector of this order must also exist. If, one day, somebody came forward and said that raw iron and coal came together to form steel by chance, which in turn constructed the Eiffel Tower again by chance, would not he and those who believed him be regarded as insane?
    The claim of the theory of evolution, the unique method of denying the existence of God, is no different from this. According to the theory, inorganic molecules formed amino acids by chance, amino acids formed proteins by chance, and finally proteins formed living creatures again by chance. However, the probability of a living creature being formed by coincidence is less than the probability of the Eiffel Tower being formed in the same manner, because even the simplest living cell is more sophisticated than any man-made structure in the world.
    How is it possible to think that the balance in the world came about by coincidence when the extraordinary harmony of nature is observable even with the naked eye? It is the most unreasonable claim to say that the universe, each point of which suggests the existence of its Creator, has come into being on its own. Therefore, there should be a designer of the balance visible everywhere from our body to the farthest corners of the inconceivably vast universe. So, who is this Creator that ordained everything so subtly and created all?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.