Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmOM3536)
    Who told you that Islam is not for you, Islam was revealed from God to the humankind and you are a human being , so you are involved and willing to believe in Islam and follow it if it was proven to you it's true
    I decided islam is not for me.

ReputationRep:
    i don't believe you think that God who created this whole very huge universe including us would stand in front of every human being to tell him i created you and you have to believe in me.. instead He sent messengers with miracles proving them honest to show us our way.. commit yourself to the will of God for He made it very clear He is there and his messengers were really sent by Him with a real religion suits all mankind
    If your Allah loves us so much why doesn't he come personally?

My God loves me enough to die for me and rise again so that I am not a mere servant but I become His child. Christ came personally to save His people. And btw, you cannot believe in both Christ and Islam - you can't say both that Christ is the Son of God as well as no He's a mere prophet. It's one or the other. The Bible makes it clear that Christ is the Son of God. The Bible is not corrupt - you view the part about Christ to be corrupt, so I can say I claim the part that says Jesus was just a prophet to be corrupt in the Qu'ran. I personally have not read the Qu'ran, however, but would be interested in reading it someday. But how can you say the Bible is corrupt, if you also claim it's from God? Would God not prevent His own word from becoming corrupted? Can allah not do that? Just out of interest, have you even ever read the Bible? If you haven't then you can't say anything about it, and you should read it even if it's just cus Islam says it's also the Word of God.

I have nothing against Islam - indeed it is sad that some people think that all Muslims are evil or terrorists, and it's sad the impression Islam gives from the terrorists attacks and what-not. I don't believe Islam is as extreme as those attacks imply - I really wish I could understand it better, so I can have an open-mind when I discuss it. My Christian friend, however, has a massive circle of Muslim friends, and she knows so many layers in Islam and how everyone's faith is so diverse and different among the Muslims. She's had evidence from both sides - Christianity and Islam - but she's seen the truth in Christ and her growing experiences have only ever taught her to care and love people all the more and grow stronger and stronger in Christ. She's one of very few people whom I admire and respect greatly.

Btw, she's actually found a devote Muslim who thinks there could be errors in the Qu'ran, which is something that is really quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)

My God loves me enough to die for me and rise again so that I am not a mere servant but I become His child. Christ came personally to save His people. And btw, you cannot believe in both Christ and Islam - you can't say both that Christ is the Son of God as well as no He's a mere prophet. It's one or the other. The Bible makes it clear that Christ is the Son of God. The Bible is not corrupt - you view the part about Christ to be corrupt, so I can say I claim the part that says Jesus was just a prophet to be corrupt in the Qu'ran. I personally have not read the Qu'ran, however, but would be interested in reading it someday. But how can you say the Bible is corrupt, if you also claim it's from God? Would God not prevent His own word from becoming corrupted? Can allah not do that? Just out of interest, have you even ever read the Bible? If you haven't then you can't say anything about it, and you should read it even if it's just cus Islam says it's also the Word of God.
    You do seem to be dotting around a bit. First of all you say that Allah is not the christian god but then later you seem to say that Allah was the one who inspired the bible and should have prevented it's corruption. You say that you do not hate Muslims yet you talk about the prophet and god that is followed by the muslim religion in a very condescending way. This doesn't show hatred but it suggest disrespect for what Muslims believe. I have read the bible as well as much of the Qu'ran (translated into English) and it does seem to me that the Bible, the Qu'ran and the torah are very closely linked in the message that they put accross. If they are indeed inspired by god it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    You do seem to be dotting around a bit. First of all you say that Allah is not the christian god but then later you seem to say that Allah was the one who inspired the bible and should have prevented it's corruption. You say that you do not hate Muslims yet you talk about the prophet and god that is followed by the muslim religion in a very condescending way. This doesn't show hatred but it suggest disrespect for what Muslims believe. I have read the bible as well as much of the Qu'ran (translated into English) and it does seem to me that the Bible, the Qu'ran and the torah are very closely linked in the message that they put accross. If they are indeed inspired by god it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same god.
    What a dull life you must lead Randdom........sitting around reading the Bible and the Qu'ran!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    What a dull life you must lead Randdom........sitting around reading the Bible and the Qu'ran!
    Not really. I was searching for religions that meant something to me for atleast 5 years so I had a lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I was searching for religions that meant something to me for atleast 5 years so I had a lot of time.
    Lord have mercy.

ReputationRep:
    Lord have mercy.
    Why is that so strange. Like I have said before I have always believed in God I just didn't find the right religion for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Why is that so strange. Like I have said before I have always believed in God I just didn't find the right religion for a long time.
    Have you tried alcohol?

ReputationRep:

if reading the bible the qu'ran gives people a better understanding of other peoples beliefs its hardly a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nen)
    if reading the bible the qu'ran gives people a better understanding of other peoples beliefs its hardly a waste of time
    IYO

ReputationRep:
    You misinterprete. I was questioning, if allah was true, then could he not prevent his word from being corrupted? And if apparently his word can be corrupted, then how can he be true?

That's my point - allah is not true. You can say what I say here is disrespectful, but allah cannot both be true and untrue - only one must be right. And since I believe Christ is the One Truth, I obviously do not believe in allah. And how can I be saying allah is the one who inspired the Bible when I have just stated allah is not the Christian God? The Bible is not corrupt, not at all, and it is God's Word. The Bible is inspired by the One God, it is not inspired by allah, if allah exists. As far as I know and believe, the Qu'ran is not, although I'd still be interested in reading it just to understand Islam better.

I'm gonna offend oh-so-many-people with this post, aren't I? I'm sorry I really don't mean to offend anyone, but the simple truth is, I can't say both Islam and Christianity is true - only one of them can be. And I know Christ is true and He is God. Sorry to anyone I offend - I'm kinda famous for it without intention - truly sorry!

So have you found God over the years? You seem to have been searching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)

My God loves me enough to die for me and rise again so that I am not a mere servant but I become His child.
    Yeah, well my god is better than your god. I bet he could beat your god up. And he's got a better car than your god, and I bet he makes more money that your god.

People who argue over religions are like people discussing who has the best imaginary friend.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you be a Muslim?
    Because at this point in my life i dont need a crutch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Why dont I become a Muslim? Because I've got a brain you ****ing retard.
    and what does your brain tell you?

ReputationRep:
    and what does your brain tell you?
    it tells him Muslims are freaks who wash their feet all da time and chant strange things, wats wid that funny business anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Because at this point in my life i dont need a crutch.
    it might be true but you do need your God, don't tell me you don't pass through hard times when you feel it is the end and you don't find anybody around you, it is very great to feel that you are not alone ant that there A God to Whom you can open your heart

ReputationRep:
    in fact that's great. i'm sure that you find the truth oneday

ReputationRep:
    you are blinded by your religion and it will be your downfall

ReputationRep:
    amom you are perhaps the most annoying person i have ever seen...... stop trying to shove your religion down our throats and get the fact that some people don't believe in god let alone the teachings of the quran

ReputationRep:
    Although i respect the way you have handled the islam bashing in this thread, let me just tell you there seems to be a thin line between telling us how good islam is, and forcing it down our throuts. No one responds well to the latter, no matter what the subject is.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.