The Student Room Group

Is there any hope for my acne prone skin?

I have acne everywhere, it's not severe at all, I'd say it was pretty mild, but it is literally all I've read my face, back, bum, chest, and even some in my belly and thighs...

I've tried oxytetracycline and lymecycline and these haven't really helped much. I'm also using Differin gel, but can only use this on my face, and I have tried Epiduo but my skin freaked out on it (red raw etc). They decreased the severity of my acne, but I still have small red bumps everywhere, blackheads and these weird skin coloured ones too.

I am not allowed to take Accutane, and so is there anything I can do? Do I actually have any hope at clearing my acne? I've tried all of the diets, all of the over the counter medicines/treatments, I can't take accutane, the gels aren't doing much and I haven't responded to antibiotics (only the tetracycline ones).. is there actually anything else I can try?

Please help, it's making me feel ridiculously down and ashamed, I've had acne for 12 years (yup, since I was 8) and I've just had enough.
cover yourself in epaderm emolient (not the moisturiser) 5 times per day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending