Honey998
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A few months (back in december) I went out clubbing with my friends. I didn't have anymore alcohol than I would usually (2 vodka and cokes) and I'm done! But that night i felt really ill (I wasn't sick but I could've been). But since then the thought and smell of alcohol makes me feel as though I'll be sick. And my stomach has become sensitive since that night.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why this has happened and what I should do?

I haven't drunk anything since and before then I only went drinking about 3 times and that was a month before December.

Thanks
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Honey998)
A few months (back in december) I went out clubbing with my friends. I didn't have anymore alcohol than I would usually (2 vodka and cokes) and I'm done! But that night i felt really ill (I wasn't sick but I could've been). But since then the thought and smell of alcohol makes me feel as though I'll be sick. And my stomach has become sensitive since that night.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why this has happened and what I should do?

I haven't drunk anything since and before then I only went drinking about 3 times and that was a month before December.

Thanks
Is it just the smell of alcohol that makes you sick or perhaps your diet has changed that has made your stomach more sensitive?

It's not happened to me and if you say you haven't had a drink in a few months it may be worth seeing your​ GP if you are concerned.
Honey998
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Is it just the smell of alcohol that makes you sick or perhaps your diet has changed that has made your stomach more sensitive?

It's not happened to me and if you say you haven't had a drink in a few months it may be worth seeing your​ GP if you are concerned.
It's the smell and especially when people bring it up in conversation.
My diet has not changed.

Would it be a good idea to see a doctor? Is it that serious?

Thank you for replying
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's the smell and especially when people bring it up in conversation.
My diet has not changed.

Would it be a good idea to see a doctor? Is it that serious?

Thank you for replying
I don't think it's serious, you might be associating alcohol with a bad experience.

I had suggested the GP in case it was something other than just alcohol itself.
Honey998
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
I don't think it's serious, you might be associating alcohol with a bad experience.

I had suggested the GP in case it was something other than just alcohol itself.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can go back to normal?
pinkisthefloyd
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have any suggestions on how I can go back to normal?
I had the same problem actually. Got sick once after drinking, had a horrible next day unrelated to the alcohol which probably reinforced the bad experience thing. I just gave it a lot of time. Plus, you can drink things other than vodka, which probably won't make you feel ill. Rum smells pretty similar, but maybe just go with beer for a little while. Mix your alcohol with a lot of soda/whatever.

If you're really desperate to get back to normal though, you'll find that it is surprisingly easy to just power through. Ignore the smell and have 2 or 3 drinks despite feeling ill. You (most probably) will not get sick, and you'll get rid of the bad experience association.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds normal to me, I still can't stand the smell of sambuca and the last time I had that was almost a year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.12%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.37%
No- I want it (174)
28.34%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.17%

Watched Threads