The Student Room Group

No longer doing a course which is conditional to my offer

Hi,

Currently doing a year out before uni working in Marketing as last year I didn't want to go. I'm now looking forward to heading to uni in September and studying Marketing!

Alongside my job, I got enrolled on an 18 month Level 3 business course (didn't really want to do it, but any education is always a welcome bonus, especially as it didn't take me out of work). I put that on my university application just to consolidate my application.

Now however, Goldsmiths and Greenwich both gave me offers, but want me to pass this course, but the course can't be fast-tracked or completed early. Am I within my rights to contact the two universities Admissions office and ask them to reconsider without that? Would anybody have an advice going about this?

Many thanks,
r
Original post by reub
Hi,

Currently doing a year out before uni working in Marketing as last year I didn't want to go. I'm now looking forward to heading to uni in September and studying Marketing!

Alongside my job, I got enrolled on an 18 month Level 3 business course (didn't really want to do it, but any education is always a welcome bonus, especially as it didn't take me out of work). I put that on my university application just to consolidate my application.

Now however, Goldsmiths and Greenwich both gave me offers, but want me to pass this course, but the course can't be fast-tracked or completed early. Am I within my rights to contact the two universities Admissions office and ask them to reconsider without that? Would anybody have an advice going about this?

Many thanks,
r

If you withdraw after 12 months are you eligible for some form of award/credits from the qualification?

If not then you've entered it onto your application form incorrectly (ie if you stated it would be completed before the Autumn) which is why it's being included in your offers.

Check with the course provider what you MIGHT be awarded if you finish the course in the Summer and then call both universities to explain the mix up.
Reply 2
Quick update:

All now resolved, I simply emailed the admissions departments of the respective universities with an explanation and asked them to reconsider the application minus the qualification. They both have changed me to unconditional. I have a strong application regardless so that may have helped. But to anyone else with a similar issue it doesn't hurt to ask it seems!
Original post by reub
Quick update:

All now resolved, I simply emailed the admissions departments of the respective universities with an explanation and asked them to reconsider the application minus the qualification. They both have changed me to unconditional. I have a strong application regardless so that may have helped. But to anyone else with a similar issue it doesn't hurt to ask it seems!

That's great news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending