The Student Room Group
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by ruby_zara
Hi, was wondering if anyone else did AQA english lit a level and picked 2 prose texts for their coursework. If so do they have any good recommendations, I was thinking something like the book thief for one of them maybe?
Thanks

I chose 'Brave New World' for mine. 'A Clockwork Orange' and '1984' were other considerations of mine - all of these books have big reputations and a lot of interesting political/social/philosophical/historical context so there's a lot to write about and I felt it was easy to appear quite intellectual when expressing all of it
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
I chose 'Brave New World' for mine. 'A Clockwork Orange' and '1984' were other considerations of mine - all of these books have big reputations and a lot of interesting political/social/philosophical/historical context so there's a lot to write about and I felt it was easy to appear quite intellectual when expressing all of it

What did you compare it to?
Original post by cloudlessnight
What did you compare it to?

I'm starting my coursework soon and I chose 'Brave New World' and chose 'Crime and punishment' as a text to compare it too. I'm just struggling to come up for comparative questions. Both texts are similar in themes such as violence, suffering and drugs/alcohol.

Latest

Trending

Trending