Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

A-Level OCR Chemistry B (Salters) 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there to all chemists! I wanted to get a discussion about the A-level chemistry syllabus in terms of:
    • People's thoughts
    • Useful resources
    • Presenting topics of study that are proving difficult and finding solutions
    • General tips and tricks
    • Anything I've forgotten to mention

Thanks and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Have you finished the course yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fayesophie9923)
    Have you finished the course yet?
    Lol i forgot this thread existed. So technically we've been taught all 10 topics now and almost finished practical write ups, you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what we're supposed to do with the advanced notice beyond just reading and annotating it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Anyone know what we're supposed to do with the advanced notice beyond just reading and annotating it?
    Hi there, My teacher said they would go through it with us in a few weeks in class so not too sure, however I think im also gonna link all main aspects of article with topics we've learnt.

I think its also a good idea to make a sort of mind map of all the possible questions that could be asked about the article.

If people are interested I wouldnt mind having a discussion some point on TSR about other peoples thoughts about the article, possible questions, linking topics etc.

Good luck!

Rager6amer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rager6amer)
    Hi there, My teacher said they would go through it with us in a few weeks in class so not too sure, however I think im also gonna link all main aspects of article with topics we've learnt.

I think its also a good idea to make a sort of mind map of all the possible questions that could be asked about the article.

If people are interested I wouldnt mind having a discussion some point on TSR about other peoples thoughts about the article, possible questions, linking topics etc.

Good luck!

Rager6amer
    Ah ok, yh i think we're going to go through it soon. I'd definitely be up for discussing the article tho.

Hows your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, yh i think we're going to go through it soon. I'd definitely be up for discussing the article tho.

Hows your revision going?
    Cool! As for my revision not too well lol. The teaching i received was quite poor, So i have had to go over topics to catch up with notes etc but slowly im working away at it. What about your self? Best and worst areas?

ReputationRep:
    Cool! As for my revision not too well lol. The teaching i received was quite poor, So i have had to go over topics to catch up with notes etc but slowly im working away at it. What about your self? Best and worst areas?
    That sucks, luckily our teacher is quite good. Mainly just going through past papers atm, i'm struggling quite a bit with memorising all the reactions and conditions but hopefully ill know them by the exam.

ReputationRep:
    That sucks, luckily our teacher is quite good. Mainly just going through past papers atm, i'm struggling quite a bit with memorising all the reactions and conditions but hopefully ill know them by the exam.
    Haha i see well good luck mate! I know how you feel though-the number of reactions/conditions wow but i suppose its just recall and hence easy marks...

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! This exam thread is great - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself :excited:

Good luck in your exams :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hiya! This exam thread is great - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself :excited:

Good luck in your exams :eek3:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing this exam! Has anyone got access to the specimen papers that aren't online? Teachers have access to them but my teacher won't give them me because he thinks specimen papers are useless :/

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Hey, I'm doing this exam! Has anyone got access to the specimen papers that aren't online? Teachers have access to them but my teacher won't give them me because he thinks specimen papers are useless :/

Thanks in advance
    That sucks & I disagree any practice > no practice. Right now i dont have the 2 sets of specimen papers you refer to but I will hopefully be getting them soon. Idk if anyone else does have them (If so that would be very helpful) but if, when i get them, you still dont have them I can send u them if you want

ReputationRep:
    That sucks & I disagree any practice > no practice. Right now i dont have the 2 sets of specimen papers you refer to but I will hopefully be getting them soon. Idk if anyone else does have them (If so that would be very helpful) but if, when i get them, you still dont have them I can send u them if you want
    Awh thank you, that would be great

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the Set 2 practice papers?

ReputationRep:
    can any one provide some notes regarding the Advance notice article ( 19th of june 2017) pleaasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    or explain what i need to do with it pleaseee

ReputationRep:
    I have attached all the set 1 specimens
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf H433-01-mark-scheme-set-1.pdf (169.2 KB, 23 views)
  2. File Type: pdf H433-02-advanced-notice-set-1.pdf (564.9 KB, 25 views)
  3. File Type: pdf H433-02-paper-set-1.pdf (740.9 KB, 30 views)
  4. File Type: pdf H433-02-mark-scheme-set-1.pdf (153.3 KB, 19 views)
  5. File Type: pdf H433-03-insert-set-1.pdf (309.1 KB, 21 views)
  6. File Type: pdf H433-03-mark-scheme-set-1.pdf (602.1 KB, 21 views)

ReputationRep:
    I have both sets of the practice papers so im just going to share them via google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...EpNUUQxSERnZ1E

hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noopera)
    I have attached all the set 1 specimens
    i realised it wouldnt let share some of the files as they are too big

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raidersfee)
    can any one provide some notes regarding the Advance notice article ( 19th of june 2017) pleaasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    or explain what i need to do with it pleaseee
    To expand on this, what advice have people been given with regards to the advance notice?

Our teacher told us to just go through the article, identify all possible topics in it and practice these topics/make links. They also gave us a list of questions which covered these topics.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.