The Student Room Group

I over think

I need to calm down. I have started talking to my crush on Facebook never actually in person. I have a habit of over thinking things she says in a text and now I have put her on a pedestal. How could I get over this and approach her?
Do you 'know' your crush in real life? The way to learn if your crush is deserved of being put on a pedestal is to be with them in real life.
Original post by Sgt. Peppers
I need to calm down. I have started talking to my crush on Facebook never actually in person. I have a habit of over thinking things she says in a text and now I have put her on a pedestal. How could I get over this and approach her?

You should never put a boy/girl on a pedestal otherwise you'll be obsessed and if things don't go your way you'll be extremely hurt.

Solution
Try to see her as just another ordinary girl and tell yourself that you are deserving of her.
It sounds like you dont want to screw up so your overthinking things.
Just remember there's​ more fish in the pond.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sgt. Peppers

Recognise that she is only a human like us all, and address her as such. You will have a lot more success that way. While it can be flattering to be spoke to like some kind of god, it really will not work in your favour when you're trying to appear attractive to someone.
Reply 4
Putting girls on pedestals is one way to appear unattractive. Treat her like any human being.
Original post by _gcx
Recognise that she is only a human like us all, and address her as such. You will have a lot more success that way. While it can be flattering to be spoke to like some kind of god, it really will not work in your favour when you're trying to appear attractive to someone.

Thanks
Thanks
Treat her like ****. Girls like that kinda of thing.
Original post by ALYAMAANI
You should never put a boy/girl on a pedestal otherwise you'll be obsessed and if things don't go your way you'll be extremely hurt.

Solution
Try to see her as just another ordinary girl and tell yourself that you are deserving of her.
It sounds like you dont want to screw up so your overthinking things.
Just remember there's​ more fish in the pond.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending