Whats the worst thing that happened to you in school? Watch

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by squirrology)
Year 9 - According to my teacher, my group and I didn't do our project to her "standard", and I started arguing with her in front of the class because at least we actually did the homework whereas another group didn't even hand it in and she still gave them a chance, yet we had to attend detention, and I specifically told her that group won't do the work.
I remember being given a 1 hour after school detention by my science teacher in yr 10, all because someone threw the paper aeroplane that I had made out of the window of the classroom (It was on the 3rd story of the building we were in).

Yes everyone went to the window to see how far it went, but I don't see how that was my fault, some teachers logic I swear. :erm:
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Legate)
Once I wrote "black monkey" onto Google on someone else's computer, nearly got excluded for "racism"...
For a moment, I misread this as "executed."

Why does everyone say "exclude" now instead of "expel?" Hmf.

Going to school was the worst thing that happened to me at school. I left with PTSD and it took me nearly ten years to face those memories again.
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ua3142)
Three things:

- I shet my pants in year 6, thankfully it was nearly home time and someone else got the blame.

- during enterprise task in year 9, me...being very shy and I couldn't talk...well as one of the finalists, our group had to talk in front of the whole year and I fumbled it obvs. Man, everyone was laughing, very embarrassing. To make things worse, our product was a trackable dog collar called 'doggy styler' - I kid you NOT.

- sixth form parents evening, the head of year came along and spoke abruptly with my parents about how I was failing the first year, but that motivated me to do better and I did OK in the end.

Bonus:

* had a 'Mrs Trunchbull' for AS maths. One time, due to me not doing well in mock, I had to go through the paper with her after school... at some point I told her to piss off coz she kept on breathing down my shoulder... she gave me a *******ing and told me to piss off, but I instead went to a diff room and did it - in the end though, got a B in the real paper.

-went into my physics A2 exam knowing I was going to fail, had that sick to my stomach feeling throughout...

-whole sixth form experience.

-usual bullied, name calling and sticking etc...

😊
you sound like a bad ass
username2667475
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I was in year 10 in a chemistry class, the entire class was doing a practice ISA and it was totally silent. Then from nowhere some random guy shouted that one of the other guys fancied me. I was really embarassed because everyone started teasing and it went on for at least a month (can't quite remember how long exactly). Worst part was I actually kinda liked him but couldn't even talk to him afterwards.
.Iqra.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sitting next next to people with extremely bad breath

Every time I took a breath I gagged
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
I remember being given a 1 hour after school detention by my science teacher in yr 10, all because someone threw the paper aeroplane that I had made out of the window of the classroom (It was on the 3rd story of the building we were in).

Yes everyone went to the window to see how far it went, but I don't see how that was my fault, some teachers logic I swear. :erm:
The heck. That's such a silly thing to get detention for, you weren't even the person who threw it in the end. The majority of teachers' logic are extremely abnormal, sometimes I wonder how they're even teachers in the first place when they can't even make a reasonable decision lol??

Similar thing happened to myself, in year 8 in my German class, a student noticed a rainbow & legit screamed "there's a rainbow" and because of that one person, the whole class got 1 hour detention, I had an extra 30 mintues added because I rolled up to detention with a chicken & muchroom pie from the canteen, when I should've turned up to the detention first before getting lunch :rofl:

(Original post by iqra2159)
Sitting next next to people with extremely bad breath

Every time I took a breath I gagged
LMAOOO I can relate, every time someone breathed next to me in class who had some bad breath, it was like smelling a freshly used toilet, Lord Jesus, I swear the cells in my nose died a little too.
.Iqra.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by squirrology)
The heck. That's such a silly thing to get detention for, you weren't even the person who threw it in the end. The majority of teachers' logic are extremely abnormal, sometimes I wonder how they're even teachers in the first place when they can't even make a reasonable decision lol??

Similar thing happened to myself, in year 8 in my German class, a student noticed a rainbow & legit screamed "there's a rainbow" and because of that one person, the whole class got 1 hour detention, I had an extra 30 mintues added because I rolled up to detention with a chicken & muchroom pie from the canteen, when I should've turned up to the detention first before getting lunch :rofl:

LMAOOO I can relate, every time someone breathed next to me in class who had some bad breath, it was like smelling a freshly used toilet, Lord Jesus, I swear the cells in my nose died a little too.
I Know right
also when the teacher is helping another student and their ass right on your face
Kyloias
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
That is a horrible situation I can't believe your parents haven't moved you to another school!!!!
I wouldn't allow my kids to continue like that
Well the school I go to is meant to be (one of) the best in the country, and all the other ones in the area are terrible. I told my parents everything that happened but they didn't really stick up for me and just accepted the punishments the head of year gave me.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kyloias)
Well the school I go to is meant to be (one of) the best in the country, and all the other ones in the area are terrible. I told my parents everything that happened but they didn't really stick up for me and just accepted the punishments the head of year gave me.
As a parent I can't imagine allowing my children to go through that without stepping in. It doesn't sit right with me
I agree that parents shouldn't undermine school discipline but what happened to you is ridiculous and I wouldn't have put up with it!!!
Ua3142
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by iqra2159)
you sound like a bad ass
lol what makes you think that? but thanks
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
2018/11/08
A fire bell rang right before the school assembly and it is delayed, leaving me and 2 others failing to do our presentations which we prepared for 5 days! I need to type the entire script into the newsletter...
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The fresh water supply will be suspended in my school tomorrow from 9 am to 5 pm, and all students and teachers have to leave by 1 pm! What a day it will be!
Kyloias
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello again! Guess what? I've had another awful year at the same school! Let's get into it!

Two things:

1. The head of sixth form in my school sexually assaulted me and then racially discriminated against me, abusing his position to make me do things I didn't know were illegal for him to do. He then proceeded to stalk me in school and harass me in such ways as setting up meetings with me purely to insult my appearance as well as calling me 'stupid', 'deluded' and 'utterly idiotic'. When I reported him for the above the headmaster suspended me for contacting a lawyer about this from my school email and told me he'd deal with the case, but I later found he didn't. He illegally and immediately told the teacher, who responded by secretly lowering my predicted grades on UCAS (only to drop the bombshell the night before). He later physically assaulted me. After a few months, I hadn't heard back from the head, so I investigated by contacting the relevant bodies he was meant to contact. It turned out he never took the allegations further. The head caught wind of this and admitted to me he hid the report away in his office and won't be taking it any further. He then threatened and blackmailed me with my personal details as well as future academic wishes if I tried to take it anywhere else.

I guess there's something wrong with the staff at this school considering my last post on this thread... :/

2. There was this girl in my friend group that became obsessed with me. She followed every single social media account I had (even those I didn't publicize :/) and always randomly did stuff for me like carry my bags and photocopy sheets from the good teachers she had that I didn't (this was something I asked my friend to do that she overheard). She was also insistent on attending every open day I went to. At one point it was becoming quite obvious what was happening, so I told her I wasn't interested in anything more than a friend. After this she had some kind of mental breakdown and made up the worst rumors imaginable. One was that I was stalking her; another was that I was the one who used multiple social medias to follow her. It was obviously just rumors, and she never had anything to back this up, but I later found out people who had been my friends even from 13 years prior had decided to believe her without even asking me or hearing what I had to say about it, despite me having proof of her follow requests and the messages she had been sending me. I even found out a handful of my friends, all but one of whom I've known for SEVEN YEARS were in three different Snapchat groups where they made "memes" dedicated to me. One of these "memes" was made by someone I thought was one of my best friends, who I've been form & lab partners with since year 9 (we were now in year 13) who edited me from my birthday photo (to which he was invited) on top of a notorious rapist.

Worst year of my life, and the day on which I was sexually assaulted was the same day I mistakenly accepted this girl's friend request.
Last edited by Kyloias; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads