The Student Room Group

Do Boy find modesty attractive?

Hello, I just wanted to know the opinion of boys (grls welcome!) on this matter. Is modesty..unattractive? i keep hearing about this. im a fairly modest person.
For example, i don't wear these:

Yet i wear these:
(they are longer if you didn't notice)

I don't wear tops that expose my cleavage..unless they do by accident XD
sorry if this sounds so stupid. My friends kept saying that modest is unattractive and i wanted to hear people's opinions on this.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I just wanted to know the opinion of boys (grls welcome!) on this matter. Is modesty..unattractive? i keep hearing about this. im a fairly modest person.

Yet i wear these:

sorry if this sounds so stupid. My friends kept saying that modest is unattractive and i wanted to hear people's opinions on this.

Personally, I think most people prefer modesty :smile:
Reply 2
prefer it, don't find personality types 'attractive' so to speak though.
I think they will. When they want a serious relationship they'll want someone who doesn't flaunt it and is not promiscuous
I don't specifically care either way. I like girls who have an interesting or distinctive style because it shows creativity but I don't try to infer much about people's morals from how they dress.

Yet i wear these:

Wear what you like. If you wear it with confidence then it doesnt matter,.
If you have a great shape then theres nothing wrong with wearing something that compliments it, but that doesnt have to mean exposing flesh and if you do, then you could attract a certain sort of person.

Modest is fine if thats what you are comfy with, its more the extremes that would be a urn off imo. Flesh and cleavage all the time or covering up to excess. Your example is a long way from either of those extremes.
If a female dresses in a very slu ... promiscuous way, she is going to be "attractive" in terms of her sexual appeal. However, she will also be seen as "easy" and not the ideal type of girl to have a serious relationship with.

If a female dresses in a modest fashion, she won’t look as "attractive" as the girl with her cleavage out. However, she might have a far more attractive trait. And she will be seen in a more serious way.

In short, dress how you like.

Yet i wear these:

OMG! Yes and yes! :smile:

Nowadays I feel it is so hard to come across women who dress modestly (excl. religious clothing), it is all about showing the cleavage, wearing yoga pants in the winter just to show off some a$$... Modesty in a woman is very attractive, it shows she is confident and doesn't have to show her t!ts to look good, keep it up and don't let your friends change you.

I've come across women who dress more racy and whilst they're attractive I'd still rather be in a relationship with a woman who dresses modestly. Though looks are just as important as body language/personality, dressing modestly and sleeping around isn't gonna do you wonders. :biggrin:
I like both, just as long as the girl is decent herself and has self respect
Reply 9

Yet i wear these:

Modesty can be very attractive to some; it just depends on the male you come across. Just going around everywhere showing cleavage does not automatically make you attractive it can make you look as though you are available for sex! better to think about s person character and personality I think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending