The Student Room Group

I feel like the other girls in my house are leaving me out :(

I live in a house of 3 other girls and 5 guys. I usually get on better with guys in general but I thought I got on with the girls pretty well too. However, I'm not great in situations with all females so if the girls are hanging out in one of their rooms I do tend to avoid them and hang out with the guys, or alone.

But lately I've been feeling really left out. Like they tag each other in memes and stuff and always leave me out ;( and I think they have a group chat without me.

I feel like they like me as a person, I am like the house clown, but I feel as though they don't see me as one of them. I am girly in my interests but I'm not really girly in my personality. Like I'm really bad with emotions, hysteria etc and have a very dry sense of humour.
This has been really getting me down as although I can always hang out with the guys, I can't really if they're talking about football and stuff I'm not in to.
Original post by Anonymous
I live in a house of 3 other girls and 5 guys. I usually get on better with guys in general but I thought I got on with the girls pretty well too. However, I'm not great in situations with all females so if the girls are hanging out in one of their rooms I do tend to avoid them and hang out with the guys, or alone.

But lately I've been feeling really left out. Like they tag each other in memes and stuff and always leave me out ;( and I think they have a group chat without me.

I feel like they like me as a person, I am like the house clown, but I feel as though they don't see me as one of them. I am girly in my interests but I'm not really girly in my personality. Like I'm really bad with emotions, hysteria etc and have a very dry sense of humour.
This has been really getting me down as although I can always hang out with the guys, I can't really if they're talking about football and stuff I'm not in to.

Like you, I get on better with guys more then girls. Girls can be tend to be more *****y but like you said, when the guys go talking about ****ing some girl or on about football, you can tend to feel a bit of an outsider even with them.

Perhaps try and build a relationship with them stronger? Whether that's one to one or as a group. Like offer a girly night out as just you girls or even going to a movie/ a meal?

You did state they just sit in their room and talk and you just walk past and don't get involved. Maybe one time just knock on the door and ask if you can join in..?

Obviously don't do all these things at once since will look like you are desperate and too eager but gradually ease to do these things, just talk to them more, deffo offer more girly nights out and yeah.. Hopefully things improve for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending